AL-2000 review by Agile

Agile: AL-2000

Purchased from: Rondo Music

I'm new at playing, so I just kind of wing it. I have been taking a few lessons and am starting to learn some songs. It suits my style very well, just as the Epi does. I am running it through a DigiTech RP-55 pedal to a Raven RG-60, mostly on the clean channel. I can get a lot of different sounds. The Epi to me always sounded real tinny (for lack of a better word). This one sounds a bit richer and fuller. You can get that brighter sound too. I haven't put new strings on it yet, but I prefer the Ernie Ball Hybrids. I tried some Gibson Nickel for hummbuckers and was not impressed at all. I don't get a lot of noise really. Again, I am fairly new and perhaps I do, but I don't notice it.

Overall: for 333.00 for the guitar and top of line case that Rondo offers including shipping, it's a no brainer. If you are looking to buy your first guitar, or maybe upgrade from something like I have (Epi), you won't be sorry. It looks great, sounds good, and it built solid. It does make my Epi lonesome. I don't like the Epi, at all really. The only problem I have had is the guitar I received had different pickup rings and pick guard and control knobs. I emailed Kurt, and he is sending me out the parts in Black. Mine came with cream. If this guitar got stolen, I would buy again, only perhaps step up to the AL-3000 series. No doubt I will buy from Rondo and Kurt again. This overall rating is only compared to the Epiphone. It blows the Epiphone away.

This guitar is 9lbs. The Epi is 8. It is a little heavier, but is seems solid. The tailpiece and bridge are stock. The bridge is a Tune-O-Matic type, and while a better design than the Epi. Maybe a little lighter in weight. This guitar seems to built like a tank. I don't play gigs, so I'm not sure about that. I don't think it would be a problem though.

The action came set low, which I seem to prefer. No fret buzz at all. I only had to make minor adjustments to intonation. After tuning and playing it for a day or so I reset everything. Again, only minor changes. The guitar is beautiful. The finish is excellent. The frets seem smooth and the Grover tuners are 100% better than the Epi.

I'm new at playing. This is my second guitar. The other is a Epiphone Special II. The features that I liked in this guitar were made only compared to the Epiphone. First: Grover tuners 18:1 Ratio Epiphone Stock 14:1 Second: Body style of the Agile Epiphone is a flat top Third: Controls for Agile 4 Epiphone 2 Fourth: Finish Agile hands down.

macd32
    COREYTAYLOR721 wrote on 02/21/2012 - 033 pm / quote | I could not bring my self to playing one of these. It is funny how the name on the headstock changes one's view of a guitar. Seriously the price is what always gets me because these are SO cheap and from South Korea. Just doesn't feel right to me. Why not? i just got mine in the other day and was amazed. The looks, the quality, and the tone were high quality. i have never played a gibson, but it blew any epiphine ive ever played out of the water.
    Rune Playaz
    I bought an Agile 2000 about 5-6 years ago, I think I payed ~$160 for it. I replaced the pickups with EMG 81/85. Though it's not a high end guitar, you gotta respect what it is for $350. If you'd buy an equivalent, as far as sound, you'd pay $600+. Simple a wonderful guitar, not played many that I prefer over it.