AL-2000 Floyd Rose review by Agile

Agile: AL-2000 Floyd Rose

Purchased from: Rondomusic.com

I play metal and Hard rock. Although this guitar looks like is would be more for classic rock (which it is great for as well) it can definitely pull off Metallica-ish sounds too. I am using it with a Peavey Valveking half-stack and a Kerry King MXR EQ pedal. When I set everything just right it sounds great. Cleans are also pretty nice on this guitar, but they could be better. However, the valveking doesn't have the greatest of cleans, so that might be part of the reason. The guitar doesn't make any noise at all, so that is nice. It definitely has a full sound. However, it sounds a lot better than my old IC-300 Iceman that I used to have.

This guitar fits my style of music fairly well, but it could be better for it. If it were stolen or lost I would probably upgrade simply because this was my first guitar with a Floyd Rose, and I ended up not really using it that much. It's not a problem with the guitar as much as it is a problem with the fact that I thought that I would use the floyd a lot more. I am definitely sold on Agile. I am getting another guitar from them as soon as I have the money. In comparison, the other guitarist in my band, Who has a Schecter Devil Custom, played it for about a minute, looked at it, and said, "WOW!" I would definitely recommend this guitar if you like to play classic rock, and it can handle classic metal (Sabbath, Ozzy, Metallica) just fine. I don't play any UBER Br00talz Norweigan death metalzz, so I don't know how it would stand up to that, but if you bought a guitar that looks like this than you're probably not into playing that anyway. But you would probably have to at least replace the pickups if you were going to. Overall, solid guitar, great price, great service from Kurt at Rondo, and great company. I look forward to getting more guitars from them in the future.

I haven't used this guitar Live, but I can see no reason why it wouldn't perform well Live. The gold finish on the floyd has started to wear off, but I haven't cleaned it, so that's my fault. The strap buttons are solid. The strap buttons on my old Iceman always made the strap fall off, but I have never had that problem with this guitar, evern though it weighs ten pounds.

The guitars action when I got it was terrible. This was due to the fact that one of the springs on the floyd had either fallen off, or was never placed on the floyd in the first place. However, after about 45 minutes I had the Floyd reset, my action lowered, the guitar was tuned, and the pickups adjusted. This was also my first time doing any sort of set up work on a guitar, so 45 minutes is not that bad. After I set everything it plays like a dream. No fret buzzing or dead spots.

The AL-2000 is a Les Paul Copy made in Korea I believe. It has 24 frets and a rosewood fretboard with perloid inlays. It has a Mahogany body and a maple set neck. It has a licensed Floyd Rose with a locking nut. It has 2 passive humbuckers with 2 tone and 2 volume knobs. The tuners are Grover. I have the one in White with Gold hardware.

POWERMETAL!
    minchew wrote: so is the floyd decent quality? Can it hold tuning well doing divebombs and harmonic squeels?
    if its set up right any floating bridge can hold tune. c'mon people... check out Atomic Guitar Works guitars.
    jean_genie
    minchew - bear in mind that the setup is the main thing when it comes to keeping a floyd in tune. Even an inexpensive one stays in tune well for the duration of any songs you may play. Worst case scenario a cheap floyd copy requires using the fine tuners every few songs. I had an Ibanez with a junk floyd copy a while back, and this was the case. Now how well installed it is, and how good the wood is, that makes a bigger difference.
    minchew
    thanks for your help guys. I've been playing about three years, but I don't have any experience with tremolo systems like this, but I'll be sure to get it set up properly.
    MarkoakaNiggaK
    this is for sure my next guitar...gotta upgrade from my ibanez gax30 but have yust the money for this gutar... i hope it pays of...
    Shor-T Zero
    I've always wondered about this company, since they offer such great guitars (specs wise and such), but I'm a person that likes to try extensively before they buy. I'd recommend checking out the Reaper and Hornet V's. They also are one of the only companies that I know of where you can get a 7-string V and explorer shape, both under 700.
    eyebanez333
    Agile are great guitars. I just got a AL-2800 baritone a couple weeks ago and I love it. These blow Epiphones out of the water for sure...and for well under that budget in most cases.
    minchew