AL-2000 Gold Hardwire review by Agile

Agile: AL-2000 Gold Hardwire

Purchased from: Rondomusic

This guitar has an amazing tone to it. It fits all my music needs and can play many various styles. For clean, I'll play it with a little chorus with reverb and for a rougher sound, it sounds great with full or little distortion. I use Guitar Rig 4 for all my amps as the amps I have just don't cut it. This guitar isn't noisy at all unless you are throwing tons of effects and distortion on it and then you'll have a little fuzz but hat's common in all guitars. The guitar gives a very full sound and in my opinion, is better than any Epiphone guitar on the market. Many say it is comparable to a Gibson and I would have to agree.

I tend to play various styles of music from Cleaner or Jazzy tones, classical music as well as rock and a little metal (not too heavy). I've been playing for about 3 years now and I have 8 other guitars. This buy far takes the cake for the best guitar I have owned so far and destroys my two Epiphones (SG, Les Paul). If anything ever happened to this guitar, I would for sure, buy another one, if not, more than just one since the price is amazing. The tone, weight, quality of the build are all just simply amazing and seems too good to be true for $200. I would love to get a Gibson to compare with one of these Agile AL's because I bet there isn't much of a difference other than price and weight. Even though the name isn't that popular, the quality of everything on this guitar is simply, awesome and better than big name companies in my opinion.

This guitar is the only guitar I feel trustworthy enough to play live out of the 8 other guitars I have. The hardware included sounds, looks, and feels great and I believe should last for quite a while. I replaced the strap buttons with Strap-Locks and they work great. The originals were fine the way they were I just didn't want to take the chance of having the strap break free. The finish on this is amazing and after a year, I haven't noticed anything different.

When I got this, it just needed tuned a little and it was perfect. No flaws caught my eye and still have not. I didn't have to bother about setting up intonation or action because I believed it was perfect for me where it was at. Not too high and not too low to cause buzzing. Pickups were adjusted so the back end on the treble pick up was raised a bit. Rhythm pickup was flat but still sounds good to me. I didn't like the color of the pick-guard so I bought a black one to replace it.

I purchased the AL2000 White/Chrome model not the black/gold. Still same guitar just different appearance. I was gifted this in 2009 and I was in love at first sight. It includes 22 Jumbo 2.7mm frets on a Rosewood fretboard, set Maple neck, full-body binding, Grover tuners, solid Mahogany body, stop-bar tailpiece, wax potted humbuckers (which sound sweet!), 4 controls (2 volume, 2 tone), Korea made, and is about 10lbs. The price alone was a selling point. Even though there were no included accessories but it was no big deal.