AL-2500 review by Agile

Agile: AL-2500

Purchased from: Rondomusic.com (New Jersey)

I play all styles and use a Korg AXG1 effects box and small Ibanez amp. I practice with headphones for "true sound". The sound is amazing, especially when compares to an Epiphone, which, in my opinion, it blows away (especially price). I've not compared to an actual Les Paul, but I'm dying to. This guitar suites any style of play. I prefer the rhythm setting for a fuller sound, but this is individual preference.

I've not been playing too long (about 5 years), but of the many guitars I've played, this is my hands down favorite. My favorite styles are the Les Paul and the Fender Telecaster. For the price you absolutely won't find a better LP knockoff after trying numerous models to include Epiphone. I chose the Agile primarily for price, but am happy to recommend it for its play and crafsmanship as well. You simply can't go wrong. My overall impression is excellent. Now if Agile only made Telecasters.

I've been pretty careful with the guitar, so I'm not sure about its wear and tear factor, but it looks and feels solid. The finish seems tough and not about to wear. Strap buttons are fine, though I may Switch to locks. I had a knob fall off, but they all do that so I'm not concerned. I'm replacing them with Fender chrome with set screws.

Factory setup was not bad, but I had to adjust intonations; primarily on lower E string height was average, with no buzz, though I may try to lower a bit. Let's talk about craftsmanship, because that's where this guitar takes off. I went over this thing with a fine tooth comb to include finish, chrome, general assembly, and everything else I could think of: what I found was absolutely not one scratch, void, chip, glue screwup, or anything else. It looks like the finish of a $1000 instrument. I'm still telling my buddies about that.

This is a Les Paul clone; not sure of year, but made in Korea. Mine is the 2500 model (lowest priced Agile has) with a fixed neck and amber quilted top finish. The pickups are humbuckers; which are upgraded to Alnico for higher models. Grover tuners, and no accessories were included, although their bags and cases are priced right. The only thing I don't like is that its one heavy guitar. They say 10lbs, but it feels even heavier. Oh well, even LPs are heavy.