AL-2500 review by Agile

Agile: AL-2500

Purchased from: Rondo Music

Overall the sound of the guitar is very good. The humbuckers give the guitar nice warm Les Paul sound. Curreny I'm playing it through a Drive amp, which I really don't care for but it serves it's purpose.

This is the best Les Paul Copy I've come across. My AL-2500 was made in '04. This year Agile made some improvements to the 2500, 2800 and 3000 which should make them even better. When I started playing several years ago, I had a Start which was really nice, but I like the Agile better. It's a lot heavier but nothing you can't get use to. I'm now thinking about getting a 2800 or 3000.

I've played it live, worked good and was dependable.

The guitar really was not set up at the factory or when I bought it from Rondo Music. Even if it had, I probably would have changed it anyway. There was a minor neck buzz, but it was easy adjusted out. So far, I've found no flaws in the electronics. There were no flaws in the manufacturing.

This guitar is a Les Paul Copy. It has solid maple top mahogany back. I got the black and the finish is deep satin. It has a stop bridge and grover tuners. 2 volume controls and 2 tone controls. It has the standard Les Paul 2 humbucker pickups.