AL-2500 review by Agile

Agile: AL-2500

Purchased from: Rondo Music

I play rock and sometimes a bit of metal, it works just fine. It uses a middle quality Agile ceramic humbucker style pickups, they work just fine, but for bigger amps, many should change humbuckers to somthing a bit more classy. I use Wah and distortion, it sounds perfect and is able to stant up proudly to Epiphone LP standart models. It can get a little noisy, but I'm pretty shure its my crapy amp, I have NRS (noice reduction system) on my pedal, so it puts an end to that. This guitar in my opininon is suitable for any jazz, rock, or metal player, is black with golden hardware, so it looks dark and goth and elegant at the same time.

Overall, this is a buitiful guitar, suites practicly any style of music if properly adjusted, and some new hardware purchased. It has perfect Value vs Dollar ratio which is about 2:1, so for what you give, you get double, unlike the Epiphone models, where you pay the rest of the money for them too keep their name. I am fairly new, I have been playong guitar for about 3 months and Bass for a year. I own a Zoom 500 II pedal with a Pevey 20 Watt amp. Well I had no questions before buing this product, but afterwards I had a big question, how do the Agile Company actually make money on these guitars? Well this guitar will defenetly will not be stolen, it is worth a good brawl, but if it lost, well I would get another Agile, mabe higher model if it is available in the same paint job as my current. I love my Agile purelly after the humbucker upgrade, the only flaw of it is the humbucker quality. But well for such price, it is better quality that you will get in other stores.

I haven't been playing my Agile for too long, but it feels nice and solid. The hardware still looks as good as new, but I take really good care of it. The strap buttons were a bit loose, but a screwdriver did the job. This guitar is rally dependable in any condition. I have a decal on my LP, it's a dark grey lizrd that I customly drew, and ofcorse scence its a decal it comes of over time, after it fell off, the paint job was just fine and good as new, althou I was afraid that some might come of, due to perhaps lossy finish. How wrong was I.

Guitar has poor factry setup, the frets were buzzing, but if taken to any guitar shop, the basic setup is done within 3 - 4 days, and its about 40 dollasrs (CAN). Well at least thats the way mine came, although I'm shure that scence its wood and traveled for milles in the back of a truck, that could have caused it. Pickups were ajusted for basic player, they werent too high or too low. The bridge was mounted just fine but didnt go to well with the neck level. Guitar came with absolutly no flaws, I was amazed that for that price I got such a beauty. Hardware wasnt oxydized or anything at all, heh I guess I ordered it at the right time, when the rains and the rest of moisture kept out.

My Agile is model 2000, was made in 2005, Korea. It is a beatifull 22 freted guitar with jumbo frets and smooth rosewood. It's a nice solid top guitar. Two peace Mahogany with a nice Les Paul Black Beauty finish with gold hardware. Die-cast bridge with Tune-O-Matic. It has 2 vol and 2 tone. Midle quality pickups are used, but that doesent really make much difference. Has nice Grover tuners.