AL-2500 review by Agile

Agile: AL-2500

Purchased from: Rondo Music

It has the P-90 pickups which I find aren't the best P-90s but it does have the bright P-90 tone. It can do pretty good with overdrive and distortion although it's not suited to real heavy sounds. It can do hard rock ok and is great for bright sounding rock like Ron Wood with a fuzz pedal. The P-90s are great for the blues and do pretty good in this area. it's also decent for 50s and 60s style rock like Chuck Berry but overall I find the P-90s rather limited in their use which is no knock on the guitar rather it's not suited for me to be using as my main guitar. I recently bought an Epiphone G-400 and put in Gibson 490/498 pcikups for the hard rock sound I'm into.

Great guitar for the money, I can guarantee you will be surprised with the quality of this instrument if you are considering none. If you are considering an Epiphone this one will be better for the money, although I do like Epiphones. The thing is with the Agiles available it doesn't make sense to me to get an Epiphone Les Paul for the money. As for the Agile SG style guitar, I think it looks hokey with the wierd shaped body and the G-400 is the way to go.

The finish is tough, the hardware is solid metal, everything feels tough, at least as good or better than any of the Chinese made guitars I've seen. I took off the pickguard because I wanted it to look like Kissofs Gold top from the band Free and ended up chipping the paint where the screw hole is. And I poking around in the back checking out the electronics and it's a pretty sloppy affair in there but if it works Who cares.

The guitar came in mint condition and needed to be played with a little although that was limited to putting on some Super Slinkys and minor tweaks, the intonation was fine and no truss rod adjustment has been needed. Tuners work fine, they are Grovers, and the paint was flawless when I got it.

I have an Agile 2000 Gold Top with P-90s. I got it in July 2006. It has the set neck, with mahogany body and neck. It is Korean made with full body and neck binding and is a pretty high quality instrument for the money. I am very impressed with it so far.

swp0291
    Anyone own an Al-2000? Thinkin' of getting one but don't know yet
    satans_banjo
    I have the AL3000 and its FUCKING AMAZING! Beats the shit out of my previous Epiphone custom
    ugmung
    swp0291 wrote: Anyone own an Al-2000? Thinkin' of getting one but don't know yet
    im thinking about getting one myself. to try and clone Matt Heafy's white Gibson with the gold hardware. its goin be bad asss
    danny_page123
    bossboy
    yeaahh.. im getting this with emg 81 n 85, only $390 so cant wait ay
    Eternium
    danny_page123 wrote: Dude this guitar looks well nice. TWO QUESTIONS: 1. Is the price in dollars or pounds?? 2. Have you seen the stagg version of the les paul?? The stagg les paul is around 150 so around $300 but I've tested one and it plays well!
    It's in dollars. So cheaper than the Stagg.
    TheChaz
    Kirby123 wrote: Ah, but they DO make lookalike Telecasters!!!
    Ah, yes they do!!!
    treepop
    Has anyone tried out the Agile AL-2500 White w/ 3 Humbuckers? How does that compare to the 2 Humbucker version? I can only find 12 string versions...
    GERRY BEE
    I have the 3 P-90 pick-up Les Paul Goldtop...It is a GREAT axe...I also have the Black Standard model,AND the Goldtop Standard model....great stuff!
    Ziggle
    I have a 2002 Gold Top with P90's and it's simply an amazing axe. For the money, look no further! I have the pre-lawsuit body, and save for "Agile" on the headstock, I'd be willing to bet that, blindfolded, most players would struggle to compare this guitar with its high-dollar brethren. The fit and finish is simply amazing, really top notch, and reasonably better than even an Epiphone Elitist. At seven years young, this guitar looks and plays as if it was brand new.