AL-2500 review by Agile

Agile: AL-2500

Purchased from: rondomusic

This guitar is no Rickenbacker 12-string. It can incorporate some of the the tones if you play around with the setup a bit, but it still sounds like Jimmy Page's 12-string he uses for live performances (I believe he uses the Gibson G1275 double neck). I love how the tone in the bridge pickup is nicely balanced, and the neck pickup is thick and well-rounded. It's humbuckers really do what they are intended to do... Cancel Hum! The only drawback is the fact that these pickups should be adjusted a bit to make them perform to their potential. Otherwise this guitar is ready to go out of the box! Try it out with a Vox AC-30 or any solid-state amp and you're pretty good to go.

I have been playing for quite a while. I like classic rock. This why I love this axe. The quality is outstanding, the performance is pitch-perfect, and the overall finish is beautiful. I can't say enough good things about this guitar. I also own the Agile AL-3000, the AL-2500 6-string, and the Agile Valkyrie, all of which are dependable and of excellent quality. Only thing I wish this guitar had? An automatic band to play with. What, that's not possible? Then there isn't anything else I would want with this guitar.

I would depend on this guitar definitively. It has great action, perfect tone, and can endure hours of torturous practice or recording sessions. The straps work good, but it really depends on the strap you use. The hardware seems it will last quite a long time. I hope it ages like a Gibson Les Paul. As long as the guitar doesn't weigh you down, it won't go corrupt on you.

This guitar has virtually no flaws. The pickups could have been adjusted a bit better, but that's fixable. However, there is one major flaw with it: it is EXTREMELY heavy. If you think the AL-2000 was heavy, this one will break your back. But on the other hand, the builders knew what they were doing. The equipment is put on properly and the controls work like magic. If this guitar were lighter, I would give this guitar a rating to match a Gibson's.

This guitar has outstanding features. It's shaped like the traditional Les Paul, but with a smaller horn. I have the 12-string version, but it still fits in a lot of standard sized cases. This guitar features grover tuners, chrome hardware, quality humbuckers, and a tune-o-matic bridge. It's 3-way switch works perfect, and the sunburst finish is amazing. The guitar was handcrafted in Korea, but has potential to be made in the U.S. The neck consists of a rosewood fingerboard. The 21-fret neck also appears to be "baked" for extra effect. I was pleased at how beautiful this guitar seems.

rocknroll93
    I love how the first reviewer complains about the weight.. a propper les paul is supposed to be heavy..
    Most_Triumphant
    I have the 12 string version of this, and I love it! I think the only thing that I would ever really need to upgrade is the nut. It plays great, sounds great, and looks great!