AL-2800 review by Agile

Agile: AL-2800

Purchased from: Rondomusic.net

It suites my style perfectly. I play rock (AC/DC, Metallica, Green Day). I run it through a Spider II 30 amp and a Boss DS-1 Distortion. It is amazingly quiet. I can't tell the difference in noise when the amp is on or off. Its still pretty quiet even around my computer and suck. If you have a distorion pedal and are around the computer or whatever with high distortion on the pedal, it buzzes pretty crazy, but no big deal. The sound is just amzing. The Alnico pickups are very good for stock pickups. The tone is amaizing, even through a digital amp. I'm not sure what style of music this can play because I only play rock but I assume it has a wide range since to may people use Les Pauls. It provides excellent clean, distortion tone along with every other tone in between.

I play rock (old and modern rock) and this guitar suits it better than any other guitar I can think of. I've been playing for about 1 year 3 months and own a Spider II 30 amp and a Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal and get a nice tone though it. The only question I had is about how the guitar came setup, which is deacent but not perfect. I would buy it again if it were lost but if I had to pick another guitar to choose I might of gone with the G400 but probably would chose this again. I love finish more than anything. The guitar is just beautiful. I don't like how the finish came with a black spot and a yellow spot but no big deal. My favoite feature, oddly, is the weight. Its heavy and it makes my feel like its durable. This could be compared to an Epiphone Les Paul and, hell, with the way this plays, any lower end Gibson. The only thing I wish it had was a bigger screw to reove the pickguard. There are 3 screws, 2 are standard size and can be easily removed but the other one is smaller than any screwdriver I can find to fit it. So I'm stick with the pickguard until I can find a small enough screwdriver to fit. Overall I love this guitar.

I plan on this guitar lasting to play live and can definatly handle it. The hardware is great and the strap buttons are big to prevent your strap from coming off. Their very solid. I can depend on this guitar without any hesitation and without a doubt in my mind, would play without a backup. I don't play more than an hour a day so I don't play enough to know if the finish will come off with playing, but seems like it will last. Very solid guitar.

Straight from the factory the action came a bit too high for my taste, but I'm having it fixed soon. Something else was that it came with a bow in the neck (it isn't straight, it dips). But go to your local shop and get it setup and thats that, so no big deal for me. The pickups are fine and setup perfectly, not to high or low. The bridge and everything else was set up profesionally. The wood is great, tuning pegs are great and lock well, the pickup selector isn't noisy but a little lose right out of the box. The finish came with 2 flaws. Where the guitar is red on the ourside, there was a spot of orange which is the inside color and a small black dot which will not come off. The black mark is not mine, it was also there from the get go. But not even noticable when standing more than 2 feet away.

Agile Les Paul made in 2004 in Korea (I think) It has 22 Maple frets. Medium/Large size frets. White pearl trapezoid inlays. High quality Canadian maple body. The one I got has a beautiful sunburst flame top. I believe it also comes in black and tobacco burst. Its a single cutaway body and has a Tune O Matic bridge. It has 4 knobs: 2 Volume 2 Tone, a 3 way selector Switch. It has 2 humbuckers on the neck and bridge. They have Alnico pickups which are an upgrade from Agiles 2500 and below. It also has locking tuners. It did not come with any accessories. This guitar also features GHS strings which are great especially coming from a stock guitar.

ledzepprules09
    My friend is buying the blue one with the ceramic pup covers that look like EMG's I can't wait for him to get it so I can suck at playing it.
    RosettaStoned
    I just got the Agile 3000 with the gold top finish, slim and has P90 pickups. My friend was telling me today how alot of companies like Rondomusic can seem like their good at first, but because of the wood their made of or the crappy wiring job inside, won't last too long. He also mentioned that the paint might be too good and can wear off later. Since the both of you bought your's in like 2005, I just wanted to see if anyhting happened to yours a few months later or anything?