AL-3100 MOP review by Agile

Agile: AL-3100 MOP

Purchased from: Rondo Music

This guitar sounds awesome running through my Zoom GFX-5 into my Kustom Double Barrel 2X12 combo. I play everything from Classic Rock to New Metal and this guitar handles everything I throw at it. The pickups could be a little bit hotter for some higher gain stuff, but you don't need to change them if you don't want to. Before, when I played the same setup I have now with my Strat, it was wicked noisy, and now.. there isn't as much as a hum, the guitar is dead silent.

Like I previously stated, I play anything from Classic Rock to Newer Metal, and this guitar plays everything perfect, even with stock pickups! I've been playing about a year and a half and just love playing. Like I said before I play this guitar through a Zoom GFX-5 multi effect guitar processor into my Kustom Double Barrel 2X12 amp, and it sounds very good (Although I would like a new pedal). If this guitar was stolen or lost I would buy a new one without even looking at other guitars, it's that amazing. If you are thinking about buying this guitar, just go for it, if you don't you'll be kicking yourself later. I've read a lot of reviews about this guitar before I bought it and most all of them said that it kicks Epiphones butts and is competing with a Gibson Les Paul. There is nothing (In my opinion) that could make this guitar any better (as long as you don't need wicked high output pickups, and even then, the stock pickups are pretty darn good).

I'm not a gigging musician (yet) but when/if I ever do, I will not have any fear of putting this guitar as my lead guitar. It is absolutely amazing, the quality you get from Agile guitars, for such a low price. So I definitely think this guitar will withstand living playing for whatever type of music you play and however you play it. This guitar weighs about 11 pounds, that is a heavy, good quality guitar. I just love it.

I got this guitar, and all I had to do was tune it up, the intonation was perfect and just ready to play. The bridge pickup was a bit high, but it was an easy fix bring it down a little bit. The rest of the guitar was flawless. Even if I had bought the guitar at full price I wouldn't have returned it. The B-Stock "Problems" we're not even noticeable, I had to actually look for the mark on the binding Kurt (Owner of Rondo Music) was talking about.

This is an amazing guitar from Rondo Music. I got it as a B-Stock for a "1/8 inch chip in the binding" and a crack in the case that came with it. (I have pictures of the guitar in my profile). The guitar is solid mahogany with a maple cap. It also has a mahogany neck, with a ebony fingerboard and Grover tuners. Everything about this guitar is just amazing, and Rondo music is great with their customer support as well. So for $267 I got a practically new Agile AL-3100 from Rondo music, and I could not recommend this company and this guitar any more than I do now, they are amazing!

Payton Ratliff
    The horn is smaller and more rounded. Takes a picky eye to care or notice really. I love my white AL-3100 I have had it for 2 days and have already put 10+ hours of play onto it!
    realdeal321
    I got mine with the EMG 81/85 pickup, and those things roar!!! I am very pleased with it. I get better sound out of my guitar than I do when I use my electro-harmonix metal muff petal. The palm mutes are amazing, and the distortion sounds like I spent hundreds of dollars on pedals. The only things are that I have to turn my guitar volume down when I play clean. Otherwise, I get a slight distortion sound in the background, it gets very heavy very fast (the total weight of the guitar is 10lbs.), and starst to get uncomfortable, but i have gotten more and more used to it with time, and out of the box the action was very low and needed some adjusting. I have had this guitar for almost a year, and have been pleased with it since I got it. This guitar is well worth the money, but I would not recomend it to beginners, however, this is a great intermetiate to expert level guitar. I don't think kurt sells the flame blue color anynore, but that is the color I have. I play it through a Fender FM 2x12 with DSP built in effects, and I have no major complaints.
    jimmyjimbo72
    Awww man I've just seen the reviews and seen some YouTube demos and I'm in love! The price is amazing!
    truth1seeks
    23/07/2010 Hi Guys, i got one of these (Agile AL-3100) for sale with the hard case, anyone interested please drop me a mail. (truth1seeks@tiscali.co.uk) i'm in Stoke on trent. thought the Les Paul would be my dream Guitar, never played one until this arrived. i was warned that les pauls were a different animal. i now know i'm a Strat man, just got myself a MIM Strat, and find it much more to my taste. please be quick, i don't expect it to be around for long!!!