AL-3125 review by Agile

Agile: AL-3125

Purchased from: Rondo

I play play in a band and for my own enjoyment. We play blues and rock. We usually play bar gigs twice a month or so. This thing sounds great. I play through a Fender HotRod Deluxe and a Twin Reverb. The pickups are medium high output and can overdrive most amps easily. The tone and volume controls are linear so you have really good control. It sounds like a Les Paul.The chambering doesn't gut it.

I got back into playing about twenty years ago. I'm most fond of blues, but love to jam and gig, so I also play what makes others happy. This guitar will cover from light rock to lighter metal with no mods. That's the beauty of it. You can easily mod it if need be. I own several fenders and a Sheraton 2. This my third guitar purchase from Rondo. Each has needed a good setup, then they were great.

I've gigged with it on many occasions, no problems. I take a backup. The hardware is of good quality. I use straplocks. The finish is durable. You don't get a thin lacquer finish for this price. This is a high quality guitar. It looks, sounds, and plays great. Since it weighs only about eight pounds your gigs will be a lot more comfortable.

The neck was back bowed, virtually unplayable on delivery. I adjusted the truss rod and did a setup. It plays effortlessly now. There were absolutely no flaws. The flamed top and finish are flawless, as are the inlay and binding work. The frets are level, polished, and the edges are smooth. It arrived perfect save the setup. The workmanship is of a high level.

This is a Korean made Les Paul copy. It's essentially an AL- 3100 series model with a chambered body. All the specs are on the Rondo website.I bought it on sale about one year ago, hence the low price. It has medium, not jumbo, frets, a slim taper neck, and an ebony fretboard. The tuners are Grovers and hold great. I bought an upgraded case as well. It was $60.00 and is well made and fitted.

Sparda93
    Sounds like an honest and neutral review, you mentioned lighter metal..which kind is that?
    rv_phoenix
    Excellent review, unbiased and balanced, of a value for money instrument. Koreans work better than Chines, Indonesian or Vietnamese. As for the chambered body, many original Les Paul (the Slash one, for instance) come with a chambered body nowadays, in order to reduce the weight. As our fellows says, it doesn't have an impact on guitars overall sound.
    RealGuitarHero
    troyofyort
    RealGuitarHero wrote: Finally a good review. I mean I love agiles but I would never give one a 10. 8.2 is pretty reasonable.
    Same here, but I love the 2 I have. But then again, there aren't many guitars that deserve a 10
    guerrier.gregor
    I own 5 agile guitars (Al-201, Al-2300, Al-3100, Al-3125, St-802) . I love them all. They are all well constructed instruments. I have changed the pups on a few of them. But the original pups are not bad at all. The craftsmanship of the agile guitar is superb. The agile 3125 is one of the highest quality guitar offered by Rondo Music. If you can not invest in a Gibson Les Paul, do not hesitate to get yourself an agile 3000+. You will not regret it.