Dauntless EMG review by Agile

Agile: Dauntless EMG

Purchased from: www.rondomusic.com

I play various kinds of rock along with metal and folk music. I also play jazz frequently and on occasions I play blues and reggae. The EMG pickups are very well suited for rock music in general (alternative rock, hard rock, classic rock, etc.). The pickups on a distorted channel work well for metal rhythm guitar but not as well for lead guitar but it is still possible. The cleans sounds are good for playing chords on the rhythm channel and you can adjust the sounds to make arpeggios blend together or sound separate as notes. The pickups do not have excess noise and stay very quiet that sometimes I accidentally leave my amp on without noticing.

The greatest thing about this guitar is that it very affordable. I believe that this Agile Dauntless EMG for $225 is better sounding and of a better quality than the Epiphone Les Pauls twice its price. It is comparable to a Gibson Studio, but in that case there is a noticeable difference between the two.

This guitar is very solid and built like a tank. The paint doesn't chip off easily and the wood is very strong. I would install strap locks if I were to play live just personally but with a well fitting strap, the strap buttons will work fine for most.

The action of the guitar is low with a light, almost unnoticeable fret buzz on the first few frets on the bass string. The guitar was intonated and the pickups were adjusted well for a good sound. The stock strings were D'Addarios and they are good enough quality to play on but I changed them because I prefer Elixirs. The finish looks very nice. I got it in silverburst and the finish looks very nice but they were some flaws regarding miscolaration in a few spots on the neck but they were minor and hard to notice. The finish is also a silverburst on the neck and back of the body, which imo sets it apart from the rest of guitars regarding finish. It makes it look very good and expensive looking along with the binding on the body and fretboard.

This guitar has the basic features and more at a very affordable price. It has two tone knobs, two volume knobs, a 3-way pickup selector. It has a solid mahogany arched top, rosewood fretboard on a maple neck with trapezoid inlays. It is a Les Paul style guitar with a stopbar tailpiece bridge and passive EMG SEHG pickups with Grover tuners.

ciadude2
    I own one that I got around a year ago or so. A little longer maybe. Anyway, the only complaint I have is that the pickups are cheapo EMG Selects. If you don't like EMGs you'll hate these even more. They don't sound terrible but they could be a LOT better. Swap out the pups and it turns into an awesome guitar for the money. Otherwise, yeah it really is comparable to a Les Paul Studio. Finish looks really nice, the guitar is well made(Korean, not Chinese), neck is comfortable, the parts are mid level quality(they don't feel cheap at all).
    Ziggity
    Seeing another great guitar and affordable guitar from Rondomusic is awesome
    Rockinguitar
    I bought the Les Paul Silverburst and it's not too different from this one. A good pickup for the price, especially if you're willing to shell out a little bit more to spruce it up.
    Xomar
    I have an AL3000M and I love it. It's obviously not a Gibson, but it plays damn close to one for 1/3 the price
    ciadude2
    If anyone wants a demo of one of these, drop me a message. I have plenty of gear to run it through hoops with.