Interceptor Pro 727 review by Agile

Agile: Interceptor Pro 727

Purchased from: Rondomusic

The sounds from this beast is amazing. Rich mids, tight bass, and nice and clear highs. The pickups are active, so obviously there's not really much noise coming from it. I mainly use it with a Bugera 333XL through a closed back cab with 2 v30's. The tones it gives are really good. The mids are very strong, and they're followed by a nice bass response that really gives them that lift. The highs do what they're supposed to do, they don't really amaze me by themselves, but hey, it's a 7 string we're dealing with here.

I play various styles, but I mainly use this guitar for the heavier stuff. It fits my style perfectly, and gives me the sound I want when chugging out palm mutes and soloing. My amp is listed above, and my other guitar is a Japanese Fender Strat. If it was stolen, I'd go get a new one right away. I can't single out anything specific that makes me love it, it just does that as a whole. My peeve is the licensed Floyd. I did compare it to several other 7 strings, from very different price ranges, and this one can easily compete with other ones Thrice its price. I chose it partly for the looks, and partly for the price. I could have gone with a much more expensive one like the APEX1. But the sound difference was so small, and the price difference so big. Besides, I love flamed maple tops. I just wish it had that damn original Floyd.

This guitar is a tank, I can't imagine anything on it breaking as long as I don't break it on purpose. And believe me, I torture my guitars quite a bit, it's already been dropped several times due to my laziness (not using strap locks as I should) and it hasn't suffered one bit in any of it's functions. But the Floyd, I mentioned the nut locker holes wasn't the perfectly same size, so it's already broken three Allen keys. I don't know how long the screws themselves will last like this. But except for the Floyd which I am going to change for an original, it's a tank. I'd gig without a backup any day with it.

The action was OK from factory. It was well set up, with no string buzz or anything like that, but it could probably be improved with a tech setup. The pickups a placed the way they should be, but some people might want to change the height a bit. Or remove the covers. I noticed that the lacquer finish didn't reach into the Floyd routing. But that's OK. I don't have too much experience with Floyds, so it might be like that on most guitars. There was no faults at all in the factory setup. But the fact that it's a licensed Floyd is noticeable, as the holes in the nut lockers aren't as perfect as they should be. But a simple change to an original Floyd will fix this. No routing needed.

This is an Agile 7 string guitar, made in Korea. It's from one of the first batches. It has 24 frets and uses a licensed Floyd Rose. It's neck through, has a mahogany body with a flamed maple top, and a 5 piece maple neck. The body is an arch top. Mine is the black flame model. It uses EMG 707's with a three-way switch and Grover tuners. The fretboard is ebony without any fret markers, except for the ones on the side of the neck of course. It has one master volume and one master tone control. Overall, it has really nice features, everything I would expect on a high end guitar. Everything is nicely arranged on the guitar, and easy to control. Would get a 10 if the Floyd was original and it had built in strap locks.

lucaInterceptor
    I got my interceptor pro about two or three years ago and the only thing i could add is that when i got it, it already had a few dings in the finish and the 19th fret bar had popped up a bit. But nothing a belt with the hammer can't fix. Mine was shipped to Australia so maybe it was damaged in the shipping process, but i thought i would just add that for potential buyers to keep in mind. Ps. regardless of this i would still buy a new one if this one was broken/stolen, it truly is an amazing gat.
    stonyman65
    just so you know, they do not make original Floyd Rose tremolo in a 7 string version. Most of the FR that you see are either licensed by Schaller (on high end guitars), or are made in house by the specific company, such as the Ibanez Edge variants. They should have the name of the manufacturer stamped on the inside of the tone block.
    NIN1993
    CleanCanvas wrote: this guitar looks like orgasm
    yeah this is the most sexiest guitar ive ever seen
    anubiz03
    Judas_rising wrote: I went on the site to check it out...it wasn't there !!! All they've got now is an Agile Reaper 7 string.....
    They change their stock from time to time. They usually have this model at least once a year.
    Judas_rising
    anubiz03
    JohnMerrick wrote: looking good how was the shipping ?
    Nice. Quick and well packed.
    mtgold83
    This guitar is too good for the price its just unreal my friend has an 8 string version and i'd go as far to say that it speed wise beats any guitar i've seen or heard of. This includes anything from 0-3000 dollars. So.. Its a really amazing guitar. But hey guys lets not tell the world . its nice to have a guitar and everyone u know doesnt have it..
    AngryGoldfish
    SPBY wrote: You didn't really mention anything about the action or string tension, can you get low action and tune to say, drop A, and still keep good tension in the strings? (wihout needing a .060 string?)
    Yes, you can. One of the most important factors concerning the guitar has not been mentioned, it has a 27" scale neck, which will considerably give you a tighter tone on your low string, allowing for tuning as low as G# with 0.60 gauge strings.
    a7x2012
    Review Said quote "I don't know how long the screws themselves will last like this." end quote i had the same problem with my douglas V with licensed floyd, but what i did was go to ace hardware and guess what...they had that exact screw so i bought 20 of them for all my guitars
    a7x2012
    anubiz03 wrote: @SPBY: Didn't need one. I always play in drop A, but I don't use a .060 string.
    all you would need for B Standard/Drop A on this would be a pack of ernie ball power slinky 7's otherwise if u want to go lower i suggest a .58 for A standard(korn tuning)/Drop G(one of my favorites for some reason)
    arthurt420
    amazing 7 string really cant beat it for the price... nice review its good to see someone not give it all 10's
    USAPeavey
    This is one of the most sexy 7 strings on the market in my opinion. And with all those features plus the rep that Rondo guitars have for under $700, this thing is a steal.
    SPBY
    anubiz03
    @SPBY: Didn't need one. I always play in drop A, but I don't use a .060 string.