Interceptor Pro 727 review by Agile

Agile: Interceptor Pro 727

Purchased from: Rondomusic.com

I play whatever, no style in particular. And honestly it amazes me. I've never gotten clean tones like I do out of my Agile. Never have I had such a menacing metal tone. Like Meshuggah to Zeppelin. Really mean and bassy lows, and the highs are great. I play on D'Addari strings, and wish they made a set with a wound G string. It is pretty hard to bend a string on a Baritone guitar, but I sacrificed bending for the 7th string, and knew that it would be that way. I play on a shitty Peavey Vyper amp, but still the awesome tone comes through. I don't dive bomb and abuse my whammy, I'm more of a light whammy guy. I dig floyds for the tuning capabilities, but it sounds great all the same. I do wonder though if I should have gotten the Duncan Blackouts instead of the HOT EMGs.

I've been playing for about 5 years. Own a few guitars, electric, acoustic, 6 and 7's, and its the best guitar I've ever had the chance to play. Its sucks for you potential buyers that you can't try one out before you buy it, but trust me its totally worth it. Will definitely buy from the company again and would ANNIHILATE anyone if they stole it from me. I love the finish and the black and blank fretboard. I don't lose my place or anything without the markers, and it really makes it look majestic. I wish it had a legitimate Floyd, wasn't so heavy, and sometimes wish I had tried the Duncan Blackouts. When you play the guitar it feels like a 10, and the tone is incredible, but I have to give it an 8 because there are somethings I would change. But damn do I love Agile.

Like I said, its heavy as hell in weight. My shoulder would die at show with the DiMarzio clip lock strap I have on it now, because I wanted a permanent strap on this thing. Everything seems solid though in a good way. It would definitely hold up. I would definitely bring a back up just because Floyds are Floyds, and shit happens. And the finish on the top and the hardware seem like they will last with proper care. It looks great even when smudged and dirty.

It came in the only case that would fit the guitar, because you can't buy an 800 dollar guitar without a damn case. It was safely packaged, wrapped, and then put in the case. I got the guitar, set it up and tuned it in like 5 seconds. Tightened the lock nuts, and tightened a nut at one of the top tuning pegs and it was perfect. I did have it professionally setup for A standard, for a deeper low, and since have been setting it up myself. There were some slight scuff marks on the outside of the Floyd, but so small I rarely think about it. One tiny line in the side that could have been from anything, overall no complaints and only compliments about the finish. The green is what its all about with the black fretboard.

Well, I know it was made in Korea. I'm pretty sure its an '08 or an '09. 24 frets, licensed Floyd Rose, Ebony Fretboard, no inlays, so the plain black board and 7 strings looks amazing. Grover tuners, neck through, mine is the green tribal flame, EMG 707's, 3 way switch, all that good stuff. What I don't like about the coolest guitar I've ever owned, is that it is extremely heavy. It kills my shoulder, and makes me consider getting a damn bass guitar strap for it. Floyds are always kind of touchy, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I can easily go from Standard A to Drop A which is really all you need on a 7. String tension stays tight because I have the 27" baritone, so even in Drop A I don't have much buzz issues. Action is good, but am considering raising it to get more low end.

iannii
    i want of these agile 7-strings but i don't know how much it will cost to ship to my country, so it's a little risky with tight bugdet