Pendulum Pro 72527 review by Agile

Agile: Pendulum Pro 72527

Purchased from: online

- 2013 multi-scale 25.5" to 27" on bass side
- mahogany body with flame maple top
- seven strings
- active pickups - Cepheus active humbuckers
- Cepheus - hipshot style bridge pieces
- neck through body
- strings through body
- black hardware with locking tuners - non branded
- 3 way switch
- volume and tone knobs

MUCH nicer guitar than I anticipated, which is why I bought a used one.

Great for metal, rock, blues, jazz, don't think it'd take to "chicken pickin" to well, but not really its goal. The Cepheus active pickups are actually very good, I though I would want to change them, but they are about as good as the EMG 707's in the Ibby Iron Label I had. Running through my Laney Ironheart, it really screams and the low end is tight and percussive. I didn't think the extended scale would make that much difference, but it does.

Top is good, not great, but the satin finish and flame give it that "aged flame top" look, so it's nice. Everything else was really quite good. Fret ends are finished well. String ferrules are tight and well fitted. I'd heard these could be a little hit or miss, but this one is a HIT everywhere. The "Cepheus" versions of everything are really good and I was surprised at the quality and fell of the instrument overall.

Solid, tight and tough. I'd gig with it any day. The only thing you need is a spare 9 volt and a set of strings.

I really like it, unfortunately, i may have to sell it to pay taxes, which will be a shame, but I'll get another. I've been playing for 36 years and have had literally scores of guitars. This is a top ten for the cool factor and tone. Еhe only thing that messes with me about this style is that the upper fret side markers are offset with the treble side frets, so I have to watch the board carefully when playing up high. I wish it had markers on the board and, if I get to keep it, I'll add some.