Septor Elite 727 DNC EB review by Agile

Agile: Septor Elite 727 DNC EB

Purchased from: Another guitarist

I play all kinds of music and the biggest reason why I decided to buy this axe was because I wanted an extended range so I could play some metal(or jazz) without having to change tunings constantly. Right now I have it set a half step down to Bb Standard(Bb-Eb-Ab-Db-Gb-Bb-Eb), but that's just because I prefer that sound. I play this axe through two different amps, a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier and a Mesa Boogie Maverick. Now if you look these two amps up, you'll see they do completely different things. If I play this through the Dual Recto, I can get some beautiful djent going on. Through the Maverick, however, I can get great cleans, albeit not Fender Strat cleans. When I run it through my Dual Recto, I have a TS9-Vox Wah(can't remember the models, as it is at home) and a TC Nova ND-1. I do not use a noise gate and I have never needed to as the actives keep it quiet enough. When it comes to the cleans, the neck pickup gives a very full, organic sound...and when it comes to the bridge pickup...lets just say I never use it on clean. I'm thinking about putting in some BKP's(Aftermaths) into this since I really don't like actives. That being said, these SD's sound much better than the EMG equivalent.

This guitar is made for metal and it does the job great, that being said the cleans could be better, but that's mostly because of the pickups. I have been playing for over 7 years and I have been through many guitars in that timeframe as I searched for exactly what I wanted in a guitar. I can honestly say that this is the guitar I've felt the best about in that entire time, and I've owned pretty highend guitars(American Strats, Gibson SG/Les Paul, Prestige Ibby's). All this guitar needs is a pickup swap and I'll be 100% satisfied. If it was stolen, I'd probably not buy it again, not because of the quality, but because the next guitar I pay for will be a Custom 7 String so it has everything I want from the beginning. I looked around for a long time before I bought this and the only other guitar I was looking at was the Schecter Loomis Signature, because of the ash body. Other than that one, not many can compete with the quality of this guitar.

The guitar is built like a tank, I've bumped it more than a few times and no chips/dings have resulted. This guitar is over a year old and all the hardware looks great. The strap buttons are very solid, but as always straplocks only guarantee the safety. I play this guitar a minimum of two hours a day and the finish doesn't look like it'll fade any day soon. I'd gig with it no problem, without a backup as well, but that's just me, I like to live in danger.

So far this guitar has been perfect for me, with no real issues. Since I bought it second hand, I can't judge exactly how it came out of the box. The only thing I adjusted on it was the the action to match the neck radius, other than that everything is 100%.

This Beast is a 2009 Septor Elite made in Korea, but sold in New Hamshire, US. This is the best production line of the Septor series and it's floyd equipped brother is the Interceptor Elite. It has 24 jumbo frets, 27" Scale, Mahogany Body, with a 5 piece Maple/Walnut Neck. Carries a reverse headstock with grover tuners at the end with an 18:1 ratio. It has an archtop body as well as a quilted maple top. In the hardware department, it carries a hipshot bridge(much like the Fender bridges who don't know what these look like) and two Seymour Duncan Blackout AHB-1 pickups. It has a simple, yet effective, volume/volume/tone control configuration as well as a Les Paul styler pickup selector, so it can be used as a kill switch. The guy I bought it from decided he would add the hardcase/straps and some Jazz III XL's in the deal as well so I can't complain. The only real thing I would have liked differently is an ash body, but mahogany gets the job done as well.

givemeajackson
    shit, now i'm torn up between schecter and agile in terms of 7string :/ i think i should go with the agile due to the longer scale. btw, is there any way i can put on normal pickup frames on this thing and use some decent passives?