Valkyrie III review by Agile

Agile: Valkyrie III

Purchased from: Rondomusic.com

Purchased in 2014, this guitar was manufactured in South Korea (as with all other Agile guitars) This guitar features 24 frets with a super thin set mahogany neck, rosewood fretboard with pearloid inlays. This guitar is a 3 piece mahogany SG like guitar. The Finish is a sunburst and it looks Beautiful! The bridge is Cepheus T-003 tune-O-matic. The pickups are passive ceramic chrome covers with a 3 way selector and 2 volume and tone switches. It's distorted SG like shape allows access to all 24 frets. I compare this to my $1000 Gibson SG all the time and being my first guitar it has a more sentimental value, but all round I prefer this guitar.

I play mostly metal, and hard rock, but I have played just about every style and this guitar has suited them all perfectly. The pickups in this guitar are stock and are very impressive for the price. NOTE: FOR THE PRICE!!! I would recommend switching pickups on just abut any guitar to suit your needs, but these pickups will definitely do for any style just fine! They certainly do their job, not only shredding, leads, or cleans, but the hum is little to nonexistent! A rather dark, but compared to Gibson is bright, this guitar is an absolute power house!

This guitar was set up pretty decent straight out of the box. It was a bit out of tune with perfect action. There was a bit of fret buzzing which was fixed with some neck adjustments. Keep in mind this guitar was imported from South Korea and due to climate change, you will get this with any guitar. It was set up perfectly before it was shipped, I know that. The finish, shape, and feel are very close to that of a PRS SE Custom 24. I have played a few PRS' and I say this is very close in tone and feel. The Shape is really detailed and is a beauty upon close inspection.

The Agile Valkyrie will withstand playing live by far, I would fully trust it, although I NEVER gig with out a good 2 or 3 back ups, but if you were limited on money... it's trustworthy. Hardware is bullet proof, that's all there is to it. The finish will certainly last, but really who cares? I think I can speak for every guitarist when I said age is beautiful for a finish. The strap buttons are very very solid. I don't use strap locks (although I probably should) and I never had a strap slip on me EVER.

Being a metalhead, this guitar suits my needs. Like I said before, It will suit every style. Playing live I very from Metal, to rock, to blues all in one set and I use this guitar for all of them. I've only been playing for two years, but don't let that fool you. The fast developing teenage brain is capable of much more than an adult brain when put to the test. I own 11 other guitars and know my shit when it comes to details. It it were stolen, I would hunt down the man who took it and go Dexter Morgan on his a-s, but if it was not found... I would probably sell one of my other guitars and buy it again. I love absolutely everything on this guitar from the weight (8.5lbs) to the trim around the headstock. My favorite thing would probably have to be the body shaping and beveling. The only thing I would change is the pickups, but since I don't have much time on my hands, they'll do.