714-STD review by Aria

Aria: 714-STD

I mostly play AC/DC, Metallica, and some Green Day, it suites my music style. Has a really great overall tone with a good clean and a bit bright highs. It has quite a bit of sustain at high gain levels (or that Is bound to happen). I use it with a Nux Mighty 8 amp which has several distortion effects as well as many chorus type effects, the fact is that it's not loud enough I love to use it with my school 200 watt mini tone amp, they both create a hell of skull crushing noise even at just 1/4th of it's volume. In short, If used with an louder amp and an pedal, It will really impress anyone with it's tonal variety.

I play alternative rock, metal and some AC/DC, for me it has suited my style completely. I have been playing for close to three years now and I own an old, bent, Givson Venus Spl. (copy of Gibson). I wish I had asked for a hum bucker at the Bridge but never mind, it still does what I want it to, and oops I forgot, my crappy amp (not even 10-watts) (that's great for it's effects) cannot le me put the volume enough to be heard in a classroom, (pity). I wished I had a Roland or a Marshall 15 or 20 watts with this one to compliment it's effects. If it were stolen or lost I would buy the same thing or a notch higher, the CST whose looks are better and has Ibanez like strips on the frets. Overall I'm in love with this thing, especially. The rich tonal diversity as compared to the Warlock and the Fender Strat that cost $300 and more. But If I got a lot of money and skills, I would go and buy a 30 watt Marshall and gig this thing in the assembly and make everyone shit in their pants!

It does seem bit fragile, it recently was mysteriously chipped and the wood on the inside was visible It was horrifying, but still, I would say that for a person like me who will not care enough to keep it on it's stand but to keep it where I play It. This was bound to happen. The hardware's gonna last for quite some years with some caring, this guitar's finish is NOT thin and has lasted for the time being and I'm sure will last for quite some time. I've used it for a gig and hv to say it's strap buttons are solid, they haven't failed me in the jumps and head bangs.

Action was great, it was well set up, the only fact that took me aback was that it's causing a buzzing sound at the b string when played at the fifteenth fret. It really frustrates me as the finish catches finger prints and scratches quite easy. After two days of buying it, its back was scratched due to being laid on a chain.

It was made in 2010, manufactured in Japan. It has 22 frets, a rosewood fretboard, Alder body, solid top, chrome finish, Strat style design with a tele-style Bridge with a whammy bar, I'm not sure of the electronics, has volume and tone controls with 5-way selector of 2 single coils and a hum bucker with a crappy black cloth around it. It came with a bag three picks a strap and a cable.

iamflash
    Hey, Vishal, NO REASON to apologize AT ALL. People here and elsewhere who make nasty comments about a review like yours simply do not understand ANYTHING about making music, nor talent. Some of the best music in history was made with inexpensive equipment that sounded great. Genius isn't defined by someone's ability to "technical babble", it is defined by the music one creates, REGARDLESS of what instrument they have access to. Enjoy that 714, it sounds great, and ignore the snobs that would make instrument PRICE an issue. Musicians should encourage one another, it's tough enough battling the in the music-marketplace, witihout in-fighting. And as for the snobs around here, some of you folks should go listen to the amazing rhythms made on pickle pails and trash cans in New York, Chicago, or New Orleans, and then decide if you should lecture the musicians about how their plastic pickle pails weren't made by Ludwig, or Tama... it is the same with any instrument... it ain't about the price tag, it's about the musician's hands into which it falls... geesh boys, grow up and act like men. Sure anyone who plays guitar would like a $10,000 custom shop axe, but a $200 Aria in the hands of Hendrix or Stevie Ray, well.... I don't think we'd be quite so critical then, would we kids?
    Metalguy97
    I've had this guitar for two years now. And i can tell that its the best guitar you will ever play with a price tag of 200$.
    tdiers
    A friend of mine, who's played since he was 14 (35 years now) just bought one of these. He tried every guitar in the shop. Even some over $1000 and in the end bought this one for just over $300. He said that the sound, feel, and play-ability this was the best guitar in the shop. So, you haters out there, shut your mouths about what you know nothing about. And if you actually took the time to google check the facts before you hatefully troll everyone. Yes, ARIA is a Japanese guitar company, since 1958, and this guitar is made in Japan. There are some truly exceptional guitars in EVERY price range.
    sroze478
    Vishal.aria714
    Hey guys, I'm really ,REALLY sorry for this misleading review of mine. All I would like to say is that,... This instrument happens to be my first electric guitar and personally I believe It sounded good, but as far as the comparison used is concerned, I'm sorry but the shop that I went for to buy it had this as the best Model in the $200-300 price range,I tested the warlock's starting range and the CST ,yet many more,and the squire Strat of my friend's which came for $350 or something so this proved to be the best of them. And ,this guitar is japanese and the electronics are passive. Sorry again for the misleading review . It gave me the
    rivalmage
    assparade69 wrote: i'd just like to point out the reviewer's name..
    Hah! Still i've seen these things all over the place.. they are so average
    LeakyFlask
    sroze478 wrote: Forgive me if I'm wrong, but don't Green Day, AC/DC, and Metallica all use pretty much Gibsons exclusively? I'd like to know how anyone gets les paul/explorer/SG tones out of a cheap strat knockoff.
    Seems unlikely, yes. By the way, does Malcolm Young still use his Gretsch?
    NHECOS
    I've played this guitar before... In My Honest Opinion it really sucks. Not a good axe.
    jdrier21
    Idk how this guitar sounds better than a Strat if you play AC/DC. I think it might be a better option to save a lil extra money and buy a MIM Strat.
    sroze478
    CrawlingHorror wrote: I wonder if he would have been better off buying an Agile.
    Now there's a quality cheap guitar. Probably gonna be my next purchase.
    ikantuna
    I was thinking about getting a guitar so I went to a guitar store who're mainly sell Aria's guitar.. I went down from 200USD+ to 500USD+ and it just fail me...
    ryandevison
    MaggaraMarine wrote: I'm sorry but the reviewer doesn't know a lot about guitars. C'mon! If you have played 3 years and you don't know if it has active or passive electronics ... just no. (To make it clear: active pickups have batteries, passive pickups don't.) And what does the loudness of your amp affect on your sound quality? If the amp sound sucks it's not because it's quiet. More watts =\= better sound, more watts = more loudness. And I don't think the guitar was made in Japan. It wouldn't cost only $ 200.
    MegaSteelMaiden wrote: Don't trust a review from someone who plays "Green Day." Just a amateur who can't comprehend a real guitar
    PoloSG68 wrote: Somehow I doubt this is better than a real Strat...
    This guitar sucks
    MaggaraMarine
    Insomnia69
    Just because most of GD's songs are composed of a couple power chords does NOT mean that the player is an amateur.
    MegaSteelMaiden