MAC-30 review by Aria

• Reviewer's score: 3.2 Poor
Aria: MAC-30

Purchased from: Local Music Store

I play a bit of everything. The guitar suffers from extreme buzz. I rewired and shielded it, and it still suffers a lot. I'm thinking it is probably the crap quality of the stock pickups. If I had some money, I would replace them. The single humbucker handles distortion quite well though. Currently stuck with a practice amp, quite limited in what sounds I can make. Using pedals it gets a lot better.

I play rock, metal, blues, a lot of different stuff. I should have bought a guitar with twin humbuckers, it would have suited me better. This is a good guitar for somebody who has a lot of money, and will only ever be a beginner. If it got stolen, I would save my money and buy a Les Paul! However, if I ever get some money, I will start replacing all the hardware, and then it would look and sound like a fairly decent guitar!

I'm sure that this guitar would stand live playing, but I wouldn't play it for sure. Although it looks very nice, the buzz is embarrasing. Seeing as though it has started rusting already, I don't think the stock hardware will last more than another year. When I get some money, it will become my backup guitar.

This guitar was set up very poorly. The pickups were too close to the strings, the action was very high. After saying this, the guitar body itself was very nice. No flaws whatsoever in the body, although there is a chip where the nut was placed, it isn't that noticable. Nearly one year later, the frets have started to rust, along with the bridge and the pickups.

No idea when it was made. 24 frets. Not sure of the neck scale, but I find anything above the 17th fret too small for my hands. I'm not too sure of what type of wood it is, I wasn't and cant find much information on the net about my guitar. A bit like a Strat, more aggressive curves. Strat trem bridge, I have it very tight as it goes out of tune easily. 2 single coil and one humbucker, 5 way Switch, master volume and master tone Switch.

smooth-crimonal
    i have older mac series guitar. it has twin humbuckers, which sound fairly decent and have king of a mean tone, nothing started to rust. frets are a bit small for my taste and tuners are not that good. I land it to my fried to gig once with it (whitout backup)and it sounded good, he used screaming blues by digitech. it`s anice guitar but nothing much
    jimmythang1003
    i agree with you buddy. Had this guitar for one and a half year..while id been practicing at home. I dont knoe what really made me think of buying it in the first place when a costed me more than a striker series Kramer. Hope i can customise it with humbuckers cos the duncan designed crap that they write sounds totally crap to me..if they were they wouldn't sound this bad. Also seriously,i checked out the wiring of this guitar internally,looks very messy. Shall post a picture of that if i can very soon. No wonder, its got really bad noise and humming problems. Only if they could work on the sound as good as the looks,they would do more justice to themselves,cos i for sure am really pissed at the quality of the guitar,and will be really to keep a safe distance from wretched aria guitars.