MAC-30 review by Aria

Aria: MAC-30

This guitar suits almost any kind of music from blues down to death metal. It also sounds so good in clean, overdrive, and distortion (I haven't tried other effects) with my friends Yamaha practice amp wich only has an overdrive, tone, and volume. When I tried it with my other friends Behringer amp it really impressed me. The only thing that I didn't like about this guitar is that it suffers from a buzz, but I don't know if it's with guitar or with the amp in other amps it doesn't suffer from a buzz.

I had been playing the guitar for almost 3 years and I play mostly the "not so mainstream music" (Iron Maiden, Iced Earth, Incubus) and it really has a good fit except for Incubus. The thing that I love about this guitar is that it begs me to play it with the looks and sound of it. If this guitar was stolen I would realy be pissed off, this guitar could be a collectors item because it's rare and has a good sound, it's not like everyday you can buy a guitar for $120.

This guitar could withstand live playing. The only thing is that this guitar is older than me so I think the metal hardwares are bound for replacement if I only had money and good guitar services here in the city, I swear that I would really install floyd rose bridges on my guitar. I can depend on this guitar and would use this live.

The guitar body and it's color has a very seductive look. It has a good combination of purple red and black with gold bridges, and tuning keys. The pickups were adjusted well enough, the bridges were properly routed. The wiring though was very messy but it uses PCB chips not like other low quality guitars here in the Philippines.

Okay, so a little informatin about Aria Pro II. This guitar company had one of the best guitars during the mid '60s, the early '80s made from the Matsumoku Company. This company had its time. Another thing Aria Pro has a better quality than the Aria guitar company right now. Some informations that I have gathered on this guitar was on www.ariaguitars.com. Since Aria and Aria ProII are different companies I think that you shouldn't only rely on this review.

jonathanbud
    Ive played better but ok i guess for maybe intermediate or beginner for a real blues guitar i would much rather prefer the fender strat but thats just me.
    |\puto_rodas/|
    Aria guitars sucks!!! specially the semi-electric ones... the neck always gets screwed... I dont know the proper name for what happens to the neck, but... U know what I mean xD
    mondaymonkey
    Weird... when i opened up my Aria MAC 50 (one step up) it was nicely worked, and everything was really good and the pups are quite nice. About 1 month after I bought the guitar, i had to check it on a plane, so i wrapped in in clothes to make sure it didn't shake at all in its case... and the Volume Pot got a sticky. it would turn smoothly to almost full, and then have a quite noticeable hard "lump" Dunno if thats the plane, guitar or both, but that is at most a 20 buck problem. the paint can chip easily, but thats a different story