MAC-30 review by Aria

• Reviewer's score: 6.6 Neat
Aria: MAC-30

Price paid: € 130

The sound of this guitar is impressively good for the price. In fact, I think this is the best from the Aria MAC 30. You can play any style on want you it, and both the clean and distorted sound really good. The only down point is the buzzing that will happen if you don't change strings after a couple of mouths.

I think that this guitar is good for beginners and has a reasonable price. It sounds very good and looks good, so if you have a band, it's good to start with. I love the sound of it, but it buzzes after a couple of months, and replacing the strings is crucial. There are better guitars them this, but you wont regret if you buy it.

This is the weak spot of this guitar. After a few months, it seems that everything on it turns bad. In fact, the strings and frets of my Aria are all rusty and dirty. Sure, I clean it sometimes but after a while, it's the same again. The only solution is to clean it often and replace strings. Has for the strings itself, they are weak. They will sound "cranky" and will buzz after a while, you will be force to raise your bridge.

The pickups are well adjusted and the guitar looks very good, beautiful, has mentioned above. However, it is noticeable that after a few mouths, the fret begins to lose it's quality and so the strings. Playing this guitar is easy, has the neck is well designed and you wont have trouble moving/playing on it.

The Aria MAC-30 offers good features for a reasonable price. it's good for beginners or even for professionals that want to jam or try new sounds. I don't know where it was made. The guitar itself looks nice, with and "aggressive" look, being the color black the most noticeable. This guitar is very sexy and attractive. It has 24 frets and 4 different pickups, making a vary of sounds.(the tremolo can be added, also has 2 volume controllers etc... ) it's good to play any style of music from blues to metal. It is very comfortable to play on it, and the neck is good. The bridge: Floyd Rose. The guitar is better when using a pedal, but the distorted sound from the amp is also good.

guitar351
    |\puto_rodas/| wrote: Aria guitars sucks!!! specially the semi-electric ones... the neck always gets screwed... I dont know the proper name for what happens to the neck, but... U know what I mean xD
    warped.
    Aidanr444
    I have a MAC-30 which I chose carefully because I had a limited budget. I find it pretty playable although the trem is not giggable quality. I did some recording with it and sadly the pickups did not deliver a tasty enough sound. I'm changing the pickups and expect it to be much improved. The finish is not very Can't find any wiring diagrams on the Aria website though - no stars for that...
    75luciand
    Okay, for all the haters I'd like to voice my opinion. I work in a music store that mainly sells Aria guitars, and we have sold many Mac 30's. I've tried them all, and I have never had a single problem. I believe, for those who are having all the trouble, that what you bought was a down version of these guitars. As all brands do, Aria has several versions of guitars, from cheap to pro. What you all probably got were the cheap versions. Also, on the comment of warping necks and buzzing frets, did any of you keep up your String and Harmonic jobs? You are supposed to do those every couple months for warranty, like changing oil in a car, and need to do it to keep up playability and value of your guitars. I guarantee you, had you kept those up, you would not be having these problems. Also, to prevent future bad buys, you need to see an Aria dealer who has a good in on the company. Our store has a man on the inside who will do anything to get us the best of the available guitars. Now the wiring, in the cheap ones it may be a mess, but I've seen many guitars come through my shop, and let me tell you, compared to all other brands I've seen, (Fender, Gibson, Ibanez) Aria has to have had the least amount of problems. Get a good dealer to set up your Aria or service it and you'll have no problems. Also, for the pickup stuff, Aria is friends with Seymour Duncan pickups. Pop in a few real Duncans on any aria, and those baby's with sing, so long as the pickups are either matched or made for the guitar, see a Duncan Dealer for that. All in all, ARIA ROCKS! Keep pickin' and grinnin'