MAC-45 Review

manufacturer: Aria date: 05/25/2010 category: Electric Guitars

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ad free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Aria: MAC-45
This guitar is like a Les Paul, Strat and Ibanez all in one. It dosnt look like it, but it weighs a TON.
 6.6
 7.2
 1,393
review (1) pictures (1) 17 comments vote for this gear:
MAC-45 Reviewed by: Shoji001, on may 25, 2010

Purchased from: Sticks + Strings

Features: Year - don't know, but it was brand new from ordering Frets - 24 See-thru black finish Body - Alder? I think Neck - Maple with rosewood fingerboard Superstrat shape Bolt on neck Lisensed Floyd Rose Passive pickups 1 vol, 1 tone 5 way switch Coil tap switch 2 'buckers, 1 coil no-name tuners Locking nut (with floyd) no accessories Pretty average really, what would you expect from a 300 axe. One thing I must say, this guitar is like a Les Paul, Strat and Ibanez all in one. It dosnt look like it, but it weighs a TON. // 7

Sound: Ok, for starters I play everything... blues, Acoustic to thrash. And I needed a guitar that could handel all. The pickups arnt great, just ordinary stock pickups. They can handel high-gain, but not as well as EMG's. But this also means it can do really good cleans. I use all pickup con-figs, a total of 9 becaues of the CT. It has so much variaty its almost unbelivable. it can do strat, LP, anything. It has balls to, just like a LP. At the moment, I'm running through a Line6 Spider IV, but also a Marshall MG10. They both sound AWESOME with this guitar. Alot of people dout the MG10, but its amazing! I can get Hendrix, Metallica, Clapton ANYTHING out of this guitar and my MG! This guitar also has SOOO MUCH SUSTAIN! Strum and E powerchord and just listen to it resonate! I timed it, 30+ seconds! Now that is a long time. I gave it 7 because it has variaty, but it can't do somthing extrodinarly well, like a start, or a full on metal axe. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: I don't know how well the factory did it, because it was set up for me before I got it. That said, it still wasn't set up well, the action was waay to low. I ajusted the pickups to my hight, got it properly set up. But now visable flaws or anything. Fortunatly, the floyd stays in tune nicely, I dive-bombed it in the shop many times to try and get it out of tune, but it didn't! 6 because I had to pay to set it up properly. // 6

Reliability & Durability: I imediatly put strap-locks on it. This guitar is built like a tank, I've dropped it many times and though the finish has lots of bumps and scrapes, it just looks kick-ass. This guitar would break the floor, not itself! I would and I have giged with a backup, only because of the Floyd Rose though, not the electronics or anything. // 8

Overall Impression: Overall, this is a nice guitar! If your looking for a good, not to expensive 2nd guitar, then this is a good choice. If you play a lot of diffrent styles, then its about as good as you can get in this price range. If your looking to be more METAL though, I would recomend the LTD MH250 (trem or no trem) as it has EMG HZ's, thru neck and a floyd I gave it an 8 overall because its just a good guitar, sure there are better but this is 300, what more do you want! If you wana be picky just same up 3x as much and buy a guitar not 3x better. the onlything I don't like is the fret acses. Not the greatest for shred but you can still get up there. Its a bolt-on.. What can you do. NEM // 8

Comments