STG-003 review by Aria

• Reviewer's score: 4.4 Poor
Aria: STG-003

It sounds ok I guess. There is fret buzz and it isnt a very heavy guitar. It's more of a clean sounding guitar, but still it's mediocre. I play rock and metal and it suits the rock dependig on the amp you play it on. But it does not suit the metal. I need a guitar with some humbuckers! With this guitar its pretty easy to get that bluesy feel out of it.

For a first guitar it isn't that bad of a choice because you don't know if you will be really good or not or just give it up. It's better to buy a 200 dollar guitar with accessories and upgrade then to buy an 900 dollar guitar and suck. I have proggresed pretty well with this but it is still not very good. I only reccomend this to little knowledgeble beginners.

I doubt this guitar would withstand the live show. It is not strong enough. I think that after two years playing with this guitar you will need to buy a new one. I have been playing a little over a year and a half. I would have two backups for this guitar in a gig. With lots of playing not only will it scrath like crazy it will probably wear off too.

This guitar is not set up very well. The socket for the cable comes loose a lot. And the knobs can easily be loosened. The whole guitar scratches very easily. And If it is hit it makes marks. The nut came half way off so I had to glue it semi back in place. The part where the neck and body comes together is cracked. The fretboard gets gritty and dirty very easily. The action isn't very low so you can't do some major shredding uless your good.

This is the first guitar I got. It is the cheapest around and it is meant for beginners. It's the kind you get in the box with the accessories. I don't know what year it was made. It has 22 frets, a maple neck and it is built like a Strat. The bridge style is sting-thru body. It has 1 volume control and 2 tone controls. The pickups are 3 single coils. The things it come with are a gig bag, a cable, a strap, video lessons, a 10 watt amp, a whammy bar, a tuner, and tools.