STG-003 review by Aria

• Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Aria: STG-003

Purchased from: A Friend

This suits most styles and I play alot of styles mostly rock, heavy metal ect. I don't have any foot pedals or anything with it but you get a 10 watt amp with it with a built in overdrive button. The sound is a clean sound all round but nothing to spectacular.

The overall guitar is good but will not last too long. I play fast rock and heavy metal and it hasn't worn yet. this is a second hand guitar for me and I have owned it for about a 4 months now but I don't expect it to last 2 years. I dont own anything else for this guitar exept an Aria 10 watt amp. If it was stolen I would buy a diferent guitar and not this it is worth the money but it is cheap. If there was one thing I wished this guitar had it would be a better neck. My favorite feature would be the 5-way pickup selectors on it they give the guitar a great veriaty in sounds. One thing I hate is sometimes when your playing you hear a buzzing sound, faint but it's there.

The guitar might stand live playing but I wouldnt bet on it. It will probably last 2, 3 gigs but not more than that. The strap buttons are very solid but the strap that comes with it tends to be crappy and I suggest you buy a new one. The finish is solid and will not wear with exesive playing. I wouldn't use it in a gig without a backup though.

The neck is bolted on to the body at the back and is carved fairlly well but the neck tends to bend sometimes like mine but thats probably because its second hand. The bridge is of a good quality, hasnt let me down yet but nothing else has gone wrong.

This is a great guitar but it has its flaws eg, it is a bit heavy and such but its good for newbies. It has a Strat style and 3 single coil pickups. It has 22 frets with a passive electronic system to it. It also has 1 volume control 2 tone controls and a 5-way pickup selector.