STG-003 review by Aria

• Reviewer's score: 6.4 Neat
Aria: STG-003

It suit's my style witch is like metal to jimi hendrix style stuff and it sound's ok. It dosent sound too great on my 10watt Aria pratice amp but thats what I have to Live with lol. Distroted if it's up lol enought you can get a pretty good tone. It suffers a bit when clean so I recommend playing clean on the bridge and middle selection. Distorted I leave on bridge. If you own a better amp like a (for example) Vox, Marshall or Roland cube (these are the other amps I have play it on ) it sounds nice on any setting but these are expensive amps so anthing sound good. It's nice enought distorted but it struggles on clean.

I play metal Live and stuff. I have only been play a year-ish but I no my stuff. If it was stolen I wouldent rebuy cus I have just order my secound guitar witch is an ESP LTD M-100FM I shall write a review in the new year. I forgot to mention that I got a 10watt Aria practice amp with it and thats not that awesome tbh.

I honestly would play this live if I had a choice but I'm with it til christmas so... i wouldent depend on it. it's more of a pratice guitar the finish is solid but the fret board get really dirty over time and it shows up but thats going to happen so live with it.

It is a bolt on neck and it is all very well curved this could of just been me but I had a problem with the G tuning peg and I did fix it but it was frustrating to tune the guitar then 10mins later the G has gone out of tune also all the pegs are not tightend fair some feel too tight and other are loose it can be fixed but it's carelessly made to be honest. These are pretty big flaws.

this guitar is a good for a starter and it can be brought in a good pack. The pack I brought included gigbag, strap, picks, allen wrenchs (although I never found out why) and a 'the cable guys' jack. anyway it has flaws like it is sorta heavy like for example it's like near the same weight as an Ibanez grg170(I think thats what it was). It has three single coils like most strats, 22frets, volume and 2 tone. I don't no too much about the pick ups all I know is that there single coils.

TheTangent
    I have a gold stg 003 series that I have owned for around 3 weeks. It is my first guitar and is a very good choice in my opinion, the fact that its cheap and performs good is a win win situation, I tried a fender strat in the shop on a really good amp then tried the STG strait after and have to say the fender is definitely better sound wise but no way is it 500 more better. the screw were you jack your amp lead into was a tad loose when I got it but that's about the only thing I had to tighten, all in all I have been one of the lucky ones and got a really good one if what people are saying is true, I would recommend the stg to anyone as it rocks
    TheTangent
    I play keyboard and have a good knowledge of music which did help me a little when I jumped to guitar, but I take my hat off to guitar players as it is allot harder to pick up than keyboard but I am getting their. I just think guitar has a more biting sound to it compaired to the keyboard and it makes you feel alive when you strum out your first rift.