STG-003 review by Aria

Aria: STG-003

Price paid: A$ 100

Purchased from: A Friend

It suits my style pretty well. Its great for Jimi Hendrix music and Pink Floyd. I use it for hard rock and blues. I use a Cry Baby wah pedal on clean channel and it sounds great. Has a rich full sound but is a bit noisy on the bridge pickup. Marshall amps work best with this guitar. Has a very bright sound.

I play hard rock and blues it fits really well. There is nothing more I could have asked for with this guitar, it's perfect the way it is. If it were stolen I would definitely buy another ten. My favourite feature is the neck pickup with its warm sound. I compared it with a Squire Stratocaster. The STG-003 had a fuller sound.

Yes, this guitar will last live playing. I'm sick of people telling me and others to take a backup guitar. This guitar will last forever. I have dropped mine countless amount of times and it still works fine. I am also very rough with mine and have had it since 2004. I even thrash it on my knee and it still works. The strap buttons are solid and could probably hold my weight. It is the most dependable guitar I have ever owned and I would definitly use it without a backup. The finish seems thick as if it would last a long time.

The guitar was set up well exept for the string height which only needed slightly adjusting for my personel preference. The pickups were in the perfect position. The guitar has no problems with it at all. The wood seems to be of hi quality. All parts lined up perfectly.

Designed in japan, made in Korea. 22 frets with the perfect size neck. Made of solid alder with a maple neck and rosewood fretboard. Nice solid red finish. Stratocaster style. Standard Strat bridge, with 3 single coil pickups with a 5 way pickup selector switch.