STG-004 review by Aria

Aria: STG-004

Purchased from: online

My music style is just about everything and this guitar can do almost everything, the only thing it can do is full out metal, the coil tap gives it another angle on which to experiment with. I'm using an Aria amp which is shockling bad but when the guitar is used with other amps its ok. But however I like the sounds I get from it.

I cannot rate this guitar highly enough to you. For the price it beats just about everything in the price range. If it were lost I would not buy another one cos I have no money. It is an excellant quality of guitar for a starter every one should hyave one!

This guitar has been gigged a number of times, has been dropped and had stuff thown at it but its still fine. The strap buttons have not failed me at anytime. Finish is fine, it took a phone to break it. I would gig with out back up if I had to but as a genral rule of the thumb its a bad idea!

The guitar was set up perfectly, pickups were adjusted fine. Everything was fine apart from the frets which looked as if they had been hurried, controls were fine everything was grounded proberply, the nut was fine until I put 12s on it!

Do not know when or were it was made, was bought in 2002 and was new so I'm asuming was made in 2002. 22 fret rosewood neck and a 'thru blue' finish, I think the body is alder but not to sure. It is a Strat style guitar with one humbucker (coil tap I might add) and 2 single coils and a 5 way Switch controls them. I got a gig bag and amp and couple of other things with it, amo wasn't that good but for a 60 (total was about 200) for a 20 watt amo you can;t really go wrong. I have had this guitar for two years.