STG-004 review by Aria

Aria: STG-004

Price paid: € 127

Purchased from: www.shop2rock.de/

The sound is quite versatile and i gives you the sound a Strat stands for. It's a bit hollow and not as sparkling as i expected. The clear sound is the one that suites me most. The humbucker at the bridge position is good for soloing. Does not fit my style for high gained sounds.

I can recommend this guitar for clear sounds. Blues, pop, soloing. I don't think it's perfect for metal or 80's rock. If you already own a Les Paul style guitar, this might be a nice add on. Great for beginners as it's easy to play and it's got a good action. I like the finish and workmanship. Good value.

I own a Les Paul Style, a Dean HardTail and now this guitar. The hardware makes a good impression. Tuners are of good quality and all the other hardware is great a well. Better than the hardware I found on other budged guitars. Can't see why not to use it for a gig.

The setup was ok. But it was possible to lower the action a bit. Now the action is great. The neck feels good. The fingerboard is not as curved as on other Strat copies. I like that. Very quick and easy to play. The finish of the STG-004 is quite nice. The workmanship looks to be good and much better than from other budged guitars.

I guess this guitar was made in China, but it was not labeled. It has a elder body, maple neck and a rosewood fingerboard. Strat Style 22 frets. The one I own has a nice sunburst finish. 2 Single Coils and one humbucker. 5-way selector and Coil Tap Switch.

Jj795
    I have had an Aria 004 for quite a while and its a decent guitar. GOOD BITS :- Its well made , will take dogs load of abuse, cheap, you get a little more buttons and switch's for your money and the humbucker has enough grunt to satisfy anyone. BAD BITS :- Its bloody heavy ! The neck of the guitar is wide , the frets are wide and the two pickups are as week as a ninety two year old granny.. Change the pickups, like i have , lower the action , make sure you have wide hands. Its good for punk to be honest..power chords galore.. Remmber this .... you get what you pay for...