STG-006 review by Aria

Aria: STG-006

Purchased from: A local music shop

It's got quite a rich tone and works well for both distorted and clean. It sounds very smooth and it's my favourite guitar. I play a lot of alternative rock like Paramore and 30STM and it does suit the style but it also suits gentler songs. The tuners are very good and it's a very playable guitar. I'd recommend it to beginners.

This is the perfect guitar for me. I have 2 other guitars and this is by far the best. I have a Fender StarCaster which is a cheap Strat and it's terrible in comparison. This was my first guitar and I love it. If it got stolen I would die. I would buy it again though. I love pretty much everything about this guitar.

I think you could play this live! The only problem I've had is that the whammy bar broke inside of the bridge so I'll have to get that out. The strap does come off the strap buttons sometimes but they're solid. I would definitely trust this guitar. It has never let me down. The finish is very long lasting and withstands a lot of rough and tumble.

I didn't have to do anything to this guitar when I bought it. The guy who I bought it from adjusted the bridge a little but that's it. I took it home and literally got started as soon as I opened it. There were no flaws and the finish was amazing. The wood is very good quality. I've had it for 2 years and the fretboard hasn't shrunk or anything. I've dropped it a couple of times and it's fine.

It has: - 22 frets on a dark rosewood fretboard and maple neck - 25.5 inches long - chrome hardware - 2 OH-1 humbucker pickups and 1 OS-single coil pickup - 2 tone controls and a volume control - 5-way selector switch - Peavey Transtube Audition amp, cable, strap and whammy bar included as well as spare strings and a tutorial DVD (not a good DVD).

MaggaraMarine
    blooddrunk wrote: line 6 sucks. play a real valve amp and youll understand why that awful silicone chip sound fails
    Line 6 is a practice amp and costs like $200. Real valve amps are at least twice as much. But these reviews aren't about how Line 6 sucks (yes, it pretty much does IMO, lacks the "presence", it's half-decent tonewise). But if somebody likes it or plays through it does it mean that the guitar sucks? The review is about guitar and you can play it through every amp and I bet everybody has played their guitar through some other amps. And I think people here haven't even played through Spiders. Don't jump on the bandwagon! Go try Spiders and then judge but please don't comment here. If somebody has written a good review and uses Line 6 it's forgivable but if it's a bad review then all the criticism is OK. But still it isn't because of the amp somebody uses it's because they can't review their guitar.
    rv_phoenix
    Straight 10s for a 120 quid guitar are irrelevant, as they only show the reviewer's lack of experience. Aria makes decent workhorses and its guitars usually sound and play good. But they have cheap hardware and this particular STG-006 has very bad tuning pegs. So it's not at all suitable for beginners! It's only suitable for modding, because the timber is the right one, it's well carved and put together. Imagine such an axe with some decent tuning pegs, Seymour Duncan pickups and a Wilkinson vibrato: it could be a blast, for only 400 quid. As such, it's a common stock guitar for people who don't know much about how a guitar should sound and play.