AG 131 review by Ashton

Ashton: AG 131

Purchased from: Easdens Music

I play classic rock (Stones, The Who) and hard rock (Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC) and it doesn't really suit that type of music as much as a Strat copy probebly should. I only use a distortion occasionly with this guitar and it holds up pretty good you can really shred with this one. It doesn't have a high amount of buzz only when you get up to about the 18th fret. It can make a nice base sound with the right settings and is perfect for a rhythm guitarist.

I play hard/classic rock and it is not suited for the lead possition. I have been playing for 6 years. If it was stolen I would decapitate the theif and get it back. I love the look of the guitar, it's so plain, it's beautiful. I would like the pickups to be of better quality, but you get what you pay for.

You could play this guitar live if need be, best for a practice and back-up I think. All the hardware has kept in tact and screwed down tightly. And the strap buttons have been great, I haven't needed to tighten them and they have stood the test. The finish is very easily stratched but you can't didn't the bugga its toughas nuts.

When I saw it and bought it at the store everything was perfect I havnt needed to adjust the pickups in 4 years. The only problem is the 3-way selector falls off really easily, nothing a little bit of superglue doesn't fix.

I'm not sure excactly when this guitar was made, but it was made in Vietnam. 24 frets. I got mine in a sunburst colour and it lookes wicked. The body style is in the way of a Strat and very comfertable. Tune-O-Matic bridge, 1 volume coontrol, 2 tones, 3-way selector. It comes with a big metal whammy bar for all your whammying needs.