AG 131 review by Ashton

Ashton: AG 131

Purchased from: Guitar World, WA

I prefer Metallica styled music. This guitar on its own is satisfactory for some Metallica songs. I now run it through a Zoom 505II multi effects pedal and the Ashton amp that came with it and now it sounds near perfect for songs like Bad Seed.

as I said before I like metallica and this guitar seems pretty good for their kind of music when it's used with my Zoom 505 II. I've only been playing for about 1 year and this guitar is still like new. Doesn't look too bad either. Awesome beginer to intermediate guitar.

Hardware seems like it could outlast the player. the strap buttons were fair but are a bit too small for the strap that comes with it. Seems dependable, most likely use it at gig without a backup. Finish is pretty damn good. I've bashed it pretty good and so far I've only scratched a small amount of finish off ( about the size of an 'o').

This guitar was set up near perfect from the factory, the action was just right along with the pickup adjustment, however the pickups were slightly loose, but who cares. One of the tone knobs was a bit hard to turn but thats because it was too close to the body. This was very easily fixed.

Brendan1993
    How the hell did that guy keep the guitar intune for 6 months. and the other guy said half an hour? My ashton ag131 stays in tune for a couple of hours of non stop playing but i just tightened the tuning nobs to see if that helps?
    timo1
    im gonna get one soon. it will be my first electric guitar and from whats here it will be perfect for begginers like me.
    wild-jetblack
    i have this one of these guitars and i love it even though some people might not think so. I dont think its really that good for really big gigs but hey it craps all over the electrics at skool.
    f_ck_it
    great for starting out, but thats it. Anything craps on school electrics. For a first guitar, decent
    Jamaru
    OMG my friend has this guitar and it looks and feels like S!@# cmpared to my Ibanez. Good for a first guitar but not for any more. We had our first gig and the night before we were practising and the plug for the cable colapsed in. It took us like 30 mins to fix it. S!@#!!!