Tellurium Te52 review by Atomic Guitar Works

Atomic Guitar Works: Tellurium Te52

Purchased from: Atomic Guitar Works

I play mostly metal, lots of shredding and chugging (though the cleans are incredible! And I can get a nice fusion-y jazz-y clean with no effects or anything). This guitar sounds BIG! It also cuts like you wouldn't believe, I play through a Marshall valvestate head and an Ampeg cab. Nothing special. You get the brightness of the Ash body and the warmth of the cocobolo fretboard along with the shortened scale length, as far as sound goes, I could do anything with this guitar.

I play metal, but you could use this guitar for just about anything, never minding the HH pickup set up and the floyd, I could play me some country on it if I got the itch. It's an Ash body! So don't judge me. I've been playing for about 4-5 years, this is the perfect guitar for me. If it were lost or stolen there wouldn't be an easy way to replace it, being that each guitar is handmade they are all individual, but I would have them make me another one of a simular style. I love everything about this guitar! Allthe switching was my choice so it's missing nothing to me. It has everything I would need. For the price you could get an nice Ibanez or a Charvel, but it wont ever play/sound/look/feel as good as having your own Atomic Guitar Works custom Guitar made for you!

I've used it Live, and try as he might the sound guy will never bury me in the mix again. The hardware is all quality, real Floyd Rose on it, set up great so it wont go out of tune no matter what I do to it. Strap buttons are solid, finish is strong, but not overly thick to where it kills tone like some other guitars I've played..

the factory is also a great guitar/repair shop so the set-up is amazing the pickups, everything adjusted perfectly right from the start. And there's also a free adjustment period if anything changes, if you want higher action or anything. They set it up as low as possible and raise it from there if need be. It's exactally what you would expect from a top of the line custom shop, book match is perfect, hardware is quality, frets are filed nicely and neatly. This is all done by hand so there is great attention to detail.

This guitar was hand made in 2008, at Atomic Guitar Works' Peoria, Az, USA Location. It has a 24 and 3/4 scale length with 24 frets (.6105s) it has a highly flamed top laminated to the light piece of Ash that is the body. It has a 5 piece laminated flame/hard maple neck with a Cocobolo (in the family of rosewood, but with the look of brazilian rosewood) fretboard. The flame top is a trans black with a 'white burst' on it. (my idea.) the body style would be closest to a tele, but with much needed and appreciated cutouts for looks and playability. The bridge is a gold Floyd Rose trem. Electronics are passive, and the controls I wanted was only a volume knob and a 3 way Switch. The pickup configuration is 2 humbuckers, and the pickups themselves are 'r-supersonic' pickups that were modeled after two duncans, JB and a 59'er I believe. The tuners are wilkinson 3+3 gold. (though all the new models have HipShot open geared tuners for maintainence) and it's a given that it has the gold Floyd lock nut.

Foxy Roxy
    This doesn't seem as much as a review but an advertisement. For an all 10 review, this guitar better be the be-all-end-all of guitars. Plus this is a custom shop guitar, so regardless it's going to be built to YOUR specifications so it's harder to review on that basis. Just something to think about.
    POWERMETAL!
    look in my pictures to see the actual guitar this review is for. the one at the top is one for sale currently at Atomic Guitar Works.
    POWERMETAL!
    well its my specs so its my be-all-end-all guitar and with all the gibson adds and fender adds, whats wrong with giving the little guy some promotion if they do quality work?