ERA Standard review by Austin

Austin: ERA Standard

Purchased from: Matt's Music

This guitar is great for muting and down-tuned playing. Godsmack songs are exeptionally great with this guitar. It has a fat, rich, deep tone. With the right distorion and the guitar set on the bridge pickup, it's great. It's a great guitar! I'm used to a really small neck, so the neck seems a little big, but that's not a problem. If you use it for heavy-metal and down tuned song, there's isn't a whole lot of high fret playing or a whole lot of playing that needs a small neck circumfrence (around). It's really good for heavily distorted songs but yet perfect for acoustic songs!

I play a lot of different types of music and it fits everyone. I Switch between Drop-c, Drop-D, Eb, and E tunings sometimes 3 or 4 times a day and it keeps it in tune extremely well! It matched heavier music the best. This is actually one of the best guitars I've tried, and one of the best I own. It's very light and I can play ever without a strap, just by holding it. I have the left handed ERA, so I don't know if the right handed is deifferent, but I imagine not. This is one great guitar!

I would take this on stage anytime. The hard ware and polish look like they'll last forever. Although it did scratch really easily against a sharp metal object on my computer desk. The strap buttons are smaller than usual. If you have a leather strap, chanced are it will fall off the buttons from stretching, nothing that buying a cloth strap or strap locks won't fix. I would use it on stage as long as I had my cloth strap, with the leather I find myself worrying about the strap falling off and making me look stupid, I'm always looking down at it if I have the leather strap.

There isn't a lot wrong with this guitar. It's not a big brand, but it's a lot better than I expected! It's a little sticky with moving up and down the fretboard, but if you're in need to play solos or anything that consists of such playing I think you should look for a name brand. The only thing that was wrong with it was that the knobs were missing, but that's probably from someone who took them off of the guitar when it was hanging on the shelf. The pickups are really good for cutting down on fuzz, but good for creating that after song feedback, but it seems to never happen in a song, it's like it knows when you want feedback. Everything is flawless.

I'm not sure where or when it was made but since when do you care about that? It has (I believe) 22 frets. There's a 5 way selector Switch to Switch between the 3 sigle coil pickups, 2 tone knobs, and a volume knob. I don't know the woods, polishes, or anything because they didn't give me anything, just the guitar, when I bought it. It was hanging on the wall, and at a great price. It's a srat look-alike with a regular white pickguard, indented jack, slanted headstock with al the tuners on one side, 2 horns (different sizes), and a regular through the back bridge with a bar.