Vintage Rock review by Austin

Austin: Vintage Rock

Purchased from: Cadenza Music

It is great for metal to classic rock and in to a little blues. I like to play it with an overdrive/distortion pedal on a Fender or a Crate (Fender being better). The sound is great in to the highs just a little weaker than a tele for 1/2 the price. there's not much feedback unless on full distort which is common with all guitars and amps. It can be tuned and tinkered with to get almost any sound some being better than others though.

Its a good match for my mix of classic rock like ac dc and boston and works to heavier stuff like Motley Crue and Metallica. Country sounds great on the clean channel and does a great job all around. If it were stolen I would upgrade to an American Strat but still it's good. I compared it to all kinds of epiphones and they were no good. I guess I couldnt ask for more from it for it's price with everything it's good for someone Who has been playing 6 months or 3 years.

This guitar is able to play Live. There's no way the hardwear will last unless you modify it. The strap buttons arnt in the best spot so you need a set of strap locks so that you can be assured it woulnt fall. If you have a really tight strap it might not be needed though it's your call on that.

The guitar had a perfect set up. There wernt any factory flaws that my friends or I could spot. I looked at the epiphones and they had many flaws. The pickups were dialed in and great sounding. The guitar had no flaws in any thing, no loose controls great wood, very smooth, beauteful wood and for sure no rust. Tuners were perfect.

This is an early 2006 model that I own in cherry sunburst. It looks absolutly beauteful. It has a rosewood fret board that feels exactly the same as my friends Gibson les paul. it's a solid body with a clear finish to protect the cherry sunburst. it's an LG which means it's a single cut away. The controls are 2 volume and 2 tone with a 3 way Switch to select bridge both or neck humbucker. The tuners are great and keep it really in tune, they are chrome plated. I got it wiht a strap cable gig bag and Crate 25 amp.