Vintage Rock review by Austin

Austin: Vintage Rock

Purchased from: Cadenza Music

I play classic rock and it works perfect. Sometimes I'll play some blues stuff on stage for talent shows and stuff and it nails the tone great. I am using a Crate 15GT and a FM 65 DSP Frontman (Fender) and the tones on the amps just make it perfect. It can make blues tones, rock tones, and metal tones equally along with softer tones and country too. The feedback is minimal compared to my brothers Stratocaster.

Its a great match for me because I play all types of music from Nirvana to Clapton, it saves me a lot by being versitile and now I don't have to get a diffrent guitar for each style of music. I have been playing for a couple years now and it goes great with cheap amps if that's all you have but better amps are even better. If it got stolen ide go with a nashvill Telecaster because I have kind of out grown this guitar but it lasts a few years befor you want something more. it's got all that I need and I couldnt ask for anything more from it.

The first thing here is the strap buttons on all Gibson les paul guitars and others shaped similar is that straps don't stay on well. strap locks are a must if you plan on Live playing. Otherwise the guitar is very dependable and you should count on it at any gig. Play as hard as you want cause this finish isnt going any where, it's very thick great looking.

The factory settings had the bridge a little low so I had a lot of fret buzz but that's a quick fix with the Tune-O-Matic. Other than that I moved the pickups up a little after a year or so. There are no flaws in the guitar, the whole thing was set up for a beginner to mid ranged skill player but would be a good 3rd guitar too. The bridge is really smooth and is great for hammerons pulloffs slides and bends too.

This is an 06 model, it was made in china which fooled me. It has such great care to detail, the finish is amazing. There are no flaws at all in the fret board or any where for that matter. It has a really smooth rose fret board and I would say the fret size is the same as Gibson Les Pauls. It has a solid top and also a cherry wood body if I remember right, the clear finish protects the sunburst but shows the finger prints. It's a single cutaway with Tune-O-Matic bridge. It has the 4 custom les paul controls with a 3 way Switch. The tuners are ok, I have cheap strings though so I can't comment on how much they keep it in tune. It came with an amp, gig bag, picks, book, stand, and a cable. Great christmas deal.