SG Copy review by Avon

• Users' score: 8 (1 vote)
Avon: SG Copy

Purchased from: Aylesbury Music Shop

I play garage rock and other forms of protopunk, punk, post punk, grunge, Indie etc and especialy goth rock (actual goth like The Damned or HIM, not Slipknot). It does a great job for this. I use a Marshall MG 30DFX (I know its crap, I'm buying a Vox Valvetronix VT 20) and its great really Vintage I mainly use the added in middle pickup, its really great for Sex Pistols and also some MCR stuff like that.

This is great for punk and proto punk, it coud be better for the more calm goth stuff like The Cure but it is immense. If it where stolen I woud kill the guy responsible and look aroud for another. I love this guitar - it is by far my favourite guitar, it is just superb.

Reliability is good considering its so old, I haven't owned it long it is really solid but I haven't dropped this, the strap buttons altough one is one the bak have only let me down once, but my strap had gone slack.I would never play live with out a backup but I'm just being careful. Also the paint job is really god its classic SG cherry andonly has a few scratches AND this is its original paint job.

Mine was, as I said, preowned but the action was great as where the pickups although the pickup selector is a bit noisy but its around 30 years old at least. I can't really coment but it all seems fine. Aparently I need 53 more charecters.

Made: along time ago (60s/70s) Frets:22 Neck: mahogany or maple, rosewood fingerboard SG shape Tone and volume for each Standard pickup. Really imense mine is preowned andhas a single coil. In the neck position instead of he Standard also mine has bee fitted witha pickup inthe middle its either single coil or P-90.