Badwater review by AXL

• Reviewer's score: 6.4 Neat
AXL: Badwater

Price paid: A$ 280

Purchased from: Ebay

Well I play post-hardcore and alternative rock and this thing manages to scramble along ok. I use heavy distortion usually and it sounds not too bad when using the humbucker. When using the first sigle coil, this things can smash out some beautiful cleans though.

I've been playing for just over a year. Overall, this is an ok starters guitar but that's about it. I recently bought an LTD H-1001 so this one will be gathering dust from now on. If it was lost/stolen, I WOULD NOT buy it again. However, I don't regret buying it either. Just thought I'd bring it up one last time... THIS THING LOOKS SICK! =D

People are bagging this guitar out in the durability section, but I fully disagree. Mine has been perfect. No problems at all. I play this guitar A LOT =D and it's held up fine. I would definitely use it without a back-up on stage, not that I'd use it on stage.. It just can't cut it sound-wise.

Out of the box, this thing was set up great except for the fact that it needed some fret board oil. I also tightened up one tuning peg but it was great apart from that. Of course, this finish is freakin' sick. The neck is a little on the thick side. Also, the bolt-on neck gets in the way a bit when playing solos.

I bought this guitar about a year ago in the crackle blue finish. It was my first guitar. It's got 21 frets (not enough), floating bridge, and pretty cheap hardware. Nevertheless, this guitar looks awesome. They should rename this guitar to the Axl BADASS. Oh, and I second the fact that the tone knobs do nothing at all.

jazar94
    i bought one of these from a licensed dealer for $180 today, it has a very good sound quality.. also, mine is staying in tune perfectly.. it beats my epiphone les paul junior, thats for sure
    rrondeau
    I've had an AXL Badwater for over a year now, and without a doubt would recommend it as a fantastic value. You could spend 5 times the money and get an inferior guitar. It's far from a POS. It's solidly built, came well set up, and sounds good.
    jazar94
    course to be fair the guy who ran the shop also worked on the every guitar he sold to make sure it had good qualities, and he adjusted the neck for me before he sold it to me