FireAx review by AXL

AXL: FireAx

Purchased from: Wave Audio Victoria,Texas

It plays metal and hardrock, and with the right amp you can make it play anything. It is a little noisy when you select the bridge pickup, but other wise there's no audible feed back. Great sound. Competes with my friends Gibson Les Paul. This guitar has a FR and there are no sounds this guitar can't make.

I play all sorts of styles, mainly harder rock stuff, but I do branch off into different genres every once and awhile, This guitar is the perfect match for me. Been playing two years, I run a metal muff distortion pedal, Behringer GMX110 amp a Lyon by Washburn(there's a guitar to hate), and a Yamaha Acoustic. If it were stolen, I'd get another one. Love the weight shape and tone, hate the cheap finish and cheap hardware on the FR. My favorite feature is the Ultra thin neck, it makes it easier to play and keeps your fret hand unhindered. Earlier on I compared it to a Gibson Les Paul in quality of sound. And Its true this thing is awesome. Wish it had a better finish. And that is the Mayhem FireAx by AXL.

This guitar will withstand anything, I've used it for live playing countless times. Some does some doesn't the pickups and selector and locking neck nuts would last a long time, the parts on the FR though seem to strip very easy, and not because I'm using the wrong tools either. The strap button were very solid the screws holding them in we two inches long(I replaced them with strap locks). I can depend on this thing for awhile, and I have played gigs with no backup guitar and just this one. Here come one of the flaws, cheap plasticy finish that doesn't last If you bump it just right the finish crack and peels off, but if your careful, and just play it will last.

Getting from the shop that sold it everything was great. The only flaw was that the selector switch wasn't long enough and at first you'd think it was 3 way, and that's what the guy sold it to me as. Upon later inspection I took the switch cap off and found out it was a five way.

Body: Alder Neck: Maple w/ Bubinga Stripe Fretboard: Rosewood Finish: Black Gloss or Red Gloss Inlay: Arrowhead Bridge: Floating Tremolo Pickups: EMG-Designed Alnico Pickups: 1 Single Coil, 2 Humbuckers Controls: 1 Volume, 2 Tone, 5-Way Switch Neck Profile: Ultra Thin Neck Joint: Deep Cut Bolt-On Neck Joint Location: 21st Fret Treble, 17th Fret Bass Radius: 14" Nut Width: 1-5/8" Nut Type: Locking Nut Tailpiece: N/A Scale Length: 25-1/2" Total Length: 41-1/2" Five way selector, Floyd Rose licensed tremolo, two tone and one volume knob. The guys at the shop gave an OSP gig bag. All in all wickedly awesome guitar.

univave
    I'm likin' the hell out of mine! I got it used and cheap... worth WAY more than I paid (after I fixed the setup)! :H: