Jacknife review by AXL

AXL: Jacknife

Purchased from: Guitar Searcher

This guitar is made for metal. That's why it only comes in black. It handles other styles fine but I stick to metal mostly. I'm using it with a Marshall AVT50, DigiTech Metal Master and a Boss Noise Suppressor. You can use the neck pickup if you wanna have a nu-metal thump to your rhythm, but if you're like me you'll stick with the bridge pickup for the crunch.

Again this guitar is sweet for playing metal, plus its cheap! I get better tones from it than from my Fender Mexican Strat loaded with humbuckers which cost almost $200 more. I've only played strats before so it was strange playing at first with a shorter neck and odd shape, but you get used to it quickly. If don't like standing while playing you should probably get something else though. But that's a good thing cause it will just make you a better player anyway!

I've only had a day so I'm not sure how long it'll last. I take care of my stuff though so it should be good for quite awhile.

The guitar was setup great outta the box. The action was perfect and I don't even think you can adjust the pickups. Mine came with a minor flaw on the 22nd fret and the tone nobe was a little loose, but it's no biggie. Only thing was the neck could use some more gloss so you could slide more easily.

After reading the review in Guitar World I had to get one. It's a brand new guitar and it's made in China according to the neck. It's basically a Flying V but slightly different so they wouldn't get sued. 22 frets, Tune-O-Matic bridge and some sweet EMG pickups for a cheap guitar. No whammy bar though.

pinquishahottie
    Johnny- I totally agree with you, this guitar is awsome. this, like all AXL guitars have that fake opal as the fret indicators. very nice if you look at them closely. A great one for the performing guitarist. Also very shiny. The greatest part about this guitar i think has got to be that if your sick of trying to play it sitting down (dumbass) then it always doubles as a neck massager. -oz
    AxLMaYhEM
    i am surprised noone has reviewed the fireax yet...this one and the fireax are the best in the series.
    JLJohnson_21
    zeemonkey
    JLJohnson_21 wrote: I take back my review, this guitar is crap!! i barely played it and it still fell apart.
    lmfao!
    EggShen
    I bought this guitar for about 250, im really impressed with the sound, the only thing i disliked was that my G string had fret buzz when its hit openly, you cant tell if youre jamming metal with all the distortion, this guitar was made for metal. The EMGS sound good, good action. Johnson has retracted his statement saying it sucks, well ive had mine for 9 months and its fine.. we'll see how i feel about it in 2010 LOL but for now im jamming on it.
    Beebaboo
    For all looking for a Fireax review, I recently put one up. You may not like the results
    Ibanezbelyeu