Marquee SRO review by AXL

AXL: Marquee SRO

Purchased from: Todo Musica

I believe most of the sound issues have to be blamed on my amp. Witch is a Marshall MG10CD. I currently use either a Behringer distortion pedal or a Boss flanger with it, and they both have good outcomes, although with the distortion it does sound a bit too messy and sometimes you can't hear the guitar.

This guitar isn't perfect for the kind of music I play, witch is mostly 60s-70s classic rock, mainly because other models were more popular in that era, but noise wise, the guitar is a good match for the kind of music I play, I have been playing for about 2 years, and don't own any other gear, mainly because this guitar is all I need, although I would not buy this guitar again if it were lost/stolen, I would rather get something that suits me more. I love how it is cheap, and good, it's not one of those things were it's cheap, and it isn't good/reliable, this guitar was relatively cheap, and was good overall.

This guitar defenately looks like it will withstand a lot of time, it seems almost impossible to accidentally break, the paint also looks like it's very hard to chip of. The strap buttons are not really realiabe. They have given up causing the guitar to fall about 3-4 times. But the guitar withstood all these hits without a problem. I would use it at a gig without a backup, I highly doubt this guitar could be broken accidentally.

The factory set up on this guitar was good, I played almost every day for 4-5 months with the factory strings and they didn't break. Overall it came in a very good state. The guitar contained no flaws, the pickups were well adjusted, and the bridge was properly routed.

This guitar has 21 frets, Rosewood style neck. A laminated top, the body on the one I choose is red, although there's a variety of colours to choose from, and you can also choose from a Typhoon or classic pickguard. It's got a Strat style body. It has got 2 tone controls, 1 volume control and a 5-way pickup selector. It's got 2 single coil pickups and 1 humbucker brand AXL, like the guitar.

Lifeless2112
    You should probably play the guitar through a decent amp before you review the guitar. How long have you been playing and what other guitars have you used? Also it's which not witch.
    Spitz13
    Well this is my first electric guitar, and I have been playing guitar overall for 2 years, but I've only been playing electric guitar for 8 months. Sorry about the grammar problems but I live in Uruguay, and even thou I do speak English, speaking Spanish the whole day is messing with my grammar and yeah, the amp sucks, I'm thinking of buying a new one for Christmas. cheers mate.
    qotsa1998
    ldnovelo
    sounds good, but sounds like you need some better pups. btw, spanish owns. im mexican
    peever
    OK people please stop saying laminated top on electric guitars! unless it has a different wood cap then its not laminated
    Spitz13
    Without a straplock, any strat style guitar will fall if u try to play vertical.
    Yeah, but that happens when I play horizontal, but I think its my strap.
    nirvanapwns
    qotsa1998 wrote: i kinda like these. the relic'd-style ones look very, very old and weathered, much more so than any Fender does. Some of em have some pretty nice pickguards, much different than the normal Strat copies. If io can find one, im definately gonna try one out.
    those are the badwater series
    masters1990mj
    I bought this guitar for 200 bucks in egypt and i used it with an micro cube amp it sound medium not too bad but also not too good its my first guitar so i give it 7 out of 10