Marquee SRO review by AXL

• Reviewer's score: 2.6 Junky
AXL: Marquee SRO

Purchased from: Local Music Store

Honestly, this guitar does not really suit my music style as much as my other guitars do (metal). The pickups have a bright sound but they don't really have as much as a rich or full sound. In the right hands this guitar can make a decent amount of sounds. When I let other people play this guitar they can generate bluesy sounds.

This guitar is not a good match for my style of music. I play lots of metal and this guitar cannot hold up to it. If it were stolen or lost I would not buy another again. However just because this guitar is not the right choice for me does not mean it isnt the ight choice for everyone. This guitar seems to be made for more of classic rock and blues. I wish this guitar had a bigger body and neck because it is too tiny in my hands. I also with it has a Flyod Rose tremelo system and a bridge humbucker.

This guitar will not withstand Live playing. The hardware is cheap and does not last. The strap buttons are not very reliable. They are too small and sometimes slip right through my strap. I could not depend on t and I would not use it without a backup (I wouldn't even be using it at a gig to begin with) The finish is thin and wears off with lots fo playing. The body scratches easily and chips easily also. This guitar is small and light and I feel like I can crush it if I am too rough with it.

The guitar was not set up in the factory very well. The screws on the birdge were all loose and fell out constantly until I finaly replaced the screws. (everything on this guitar should be replaced most of the things on it are just cheap and poorly manufactured.) Also some of the frets were loose. The pickups were adjusted decently though. This guitar also does not stay in tune very well at all and will most likley come out of tune within 2 sittings of playing.

I am not really sure what year this was made but I think I got it in 2008. It does not say where is was made. It has 22 thin frets on a rosewood fretboard. This guitar has an alder body and a Strat body style. It has 2 tone controls, 1 volume control and a 5-way pickup selector Switch. Unlike most Marquee SRO's mine has all single coil sintead of 2 single coils and 1 humbucker.

GunLeatherGuy
    The badwater and Marquee are the same guitar. One is shiny and new and one looks old and is new. Same wood, electronics, crappy frets....etc. Ive got many many guitars....this one is NOT a keeper!