Mayhem Shadow review by AXL

• Reviewer's score: 5 Decent
AXL: Mayhem Shadow

Purchased from: Shams

The sound isn't really that good. I play rock mostly. I used many amps with it, but whenever I increase the distortion it gets really noisier than it should. I played metal and rock on that guitar and it wasn't that good. Harmonics were extremely hard to perform (or something was wrong with my guitar maybe). I'm definitely changing this guitar because of it's sound! A $200 guitar would sound better.

My first impression of this guitar was that it looks really good, I give it that, the pick ups were EMG, and the Bridge was floyd rose, which is what I was looking for. I play rock mostly, as I said, and if this guitar is gonna do anything, it's rock. I hate about it that it breaks A LOT! Missing parts, always! The 6th and 5th string collide with the fret board and make a clicking noise with each not I play. I really wish it had been better, or simply, I wish I bought another guitar! I tried much cheaper guitars than this one and they sounded awesome! I do suggest this guitar only if you're a beginner and have no idea how to play electric guitar and just want a try out. This will fit you just well and if you liked playing, Switch to a real guitar brand like Ibanez, which is my favorite guitar band yet.

I wouldn't go to a gig with this guitar to be honest. The strap buttons are solid, at least they still are, but other than that it's not durable/reliable. None what'soever. Each time I play on it, it sounds completely different than the previous time. Sometimes it sounds awesome, some other times it sounds crappy as hell.

The guitar was good when I bought it (though the sound wasn't that good even when I first bought it). The first time I tried changing strings, the bridge's screws sort of... melted. Their edges were gone as soon as I started screwing. It took me a lot of time and money to fix this problem. And still it's not really fixed completely.

I bought the guitar 2 years ago and I didn't really catch what year it was made in. So, sorry I want be providing this particular info. -Made in China -24 frets Rosewood -Basswood Body -Start body style -Floyd Rose bridge -H-H EMG passive pickups -3-way selector | Volume and Tone Controls -Locking Tuners -Case, strap and cable were included (though really terrible quality)

JFRules
    Maybe if you dropped some new pickups in it it would sound better. Throw some George Lynch Screamin' Demons in there!
    lmpguitarist
    I also bought this guitar when I was a beginner, and then stepped up to ibanez! I agree with most of this review, altho with a noise suppressor you can get around that issue...the worst thing about this guitar is definitely the bridge...its a trainwreck
    tatatox80
    @JFRules: Yea I think the sound would be better. Though the bridge really is terrible. @Jj795: It looks really good like you said, that's why I bought it. Now I regret it. Personally I'm going to buy an Ibanez soon and get rid of this. A message to everyone out there: Do not buy AXL's. They suck big time.