Tele Player Deluxe Review

manufacturer: AXL date: 08/03/2005 category: Electric Guitars

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

8.9
 9.2
 8.6
 2,364
reviews (2) user comments vote for this gear:
Tele Player Deluxe Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 03, 2005

Purchased from: Keys

Features: I beleive this modal was made in 2003 in the far east somwhere. Strat body style. It has 22 frets and the fret board is as thick as hell. Complete with a volume control, two tone controls and a 5-way selector. It came with a case and an Axl tuner. The tuner can be quite random at times and doesn't always give an accurate result. I got a free amp with it, which was good quality considering it was free. // 8

Sound: I play a bit of everything, punk, metal, blues, and it suits it all. The thick fret board makes it good for rhythem. I use a Mashall amp and it sound quite good. A bit of buzz now and then, but nothing major. It has a rich sound when un-plugged. It sound best on full volume because you can't here the buzzing. This guitar is best for chord playing because, as I said, there is somebuzzing. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The factory set-up was very good. The only problem was the strings were very tight, even when tuned correctly, which is why I would recommend buying new strings. Other then that, exellent. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I've gigged this several times without backup and it took the pace easily. Strap buttons are strong and stable. I wouldn't use it in rougher venues. The only problem was the jack-plug comes loose easily. // 8

Overall Impression: Like I said, this guitar is good for most music styles, from soft rock to heavy metal. I've been playing for two years and I'm in a punk rock band and we gig the local clubs. I used to take my Fender Telecaster, but I was worried it would get damaged so I bought this as it was less expensive, but I'm not dissapointed with the quality. Good for beginners and tight wads. Seriously though, good value for money. // 10

Tele Player Deluxe Reviewed by: Rickydicky2004, on june 11, 2005

Purchased from: Marcus Music

Features: Made 2004 in the far east somewhere, I think. 22 big frets, the neck is thick as hell, so really good for rhythm playing. Solid body with a lovely bule finish (transparent) and white scatch plate. Two EMG singles, with a volume and tone knobs, and three way selector Switch. Tuners are half decent no extra accessories. I give it 4 'cause Tele don't normally have a lot to talk about. // 8

Sound: I play a little of everything, a bit of punk, pop and rock. I got this over a year ago, at the time I just had a crappy Squier 10w Amp. Still sounded pretty good regardless. I now take it through an RP80 - Behringer UB802 to a Line 6 Spider 2 15 watt (don't need much volume). The two pick up are great, I mainly play on the bridge one mostly, lovely and bright. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Factory setup was perfect, havent changed a thing on it, don't know how to at any rate, but I have never needed to regardless. The only flaw is the Jack socket is a bit loose, easy fixed. Action is low, but not too low, great stuff. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Would definatley gig with this without a backup, as long as the jack socket is tightened before a performance, seems sturdy as hell like. Everythig is where it should be. Not a problem here. // 10

Overall Impression: As already stated, pop, punk and mild rock are my sounds, this thing is great for it all. I own a Squier Strat, a Yamaha F310, a cheap Valeta electric acoustic, and an Applause by Ovation. Effects wise only a DigiTech RP80 and a Behringer mixer. I record with Cakewalk guitar tracks. Lost or stolen wouldn't bother, still have my Squier. // 10

More AXL reviews rating category latest review
+ Johnson 8 Bass Guitars 08/29/2014