Tiger Pro review by AXL

AXL: Tiger Pro

Purchased from: n/a

I play mostly classic rock, and metal on guitar, and along with my Marshall MG100DFX the guitar has a great sound. I have played many guitars of different values and i have to say this could give my Epi LP a challenge! The overdrive sound (even on a smaller, practice amp) is really good. Harmonics are also a breeze.

As above, I play a lot of classical rock - Rainbow, Eagles, Lynyrd Skynyrd. The guitar, I have to say, fits the style really well. It looks good, feels good and sounds good. I chose this guitar over several other guitars, and made the choice due to both price and functionality. If the guitar had a fixed neck instead of a bolt on, i'd prefer that, but I can't ask for any more for the price - especially with that whammy!

The only flaw I could put across about the guitar is the strap buttons which dont seem overly secure or reliable. I would gig with this guitar without uestion ad without a backup without problems as I dont believe I'll have any major problems with it.

The setup when I bought the guitar was excellent, the shop had set everything up perfectly in my opinion. The strings were a good distance off the fret board and everything else was immaculately in place as it should be. Pickups were reaosnably well setup, but were a bit slack.

- 24 jumbo frets - Sharktooth style inlays - 2 humbucking pickups with 3 controls - pickup selection (3 choices), tone and volume

skinny_jimmy
    I had trouble with this same guitar, its now stuffed in the garage, BUT you made me think about using it again, resetting the bridge etc.. Just bought 3 springs off ebay for £1.68 .. should help with the tuning
    *Guitar*Man*
    Hey, I bought the same guitar as yours just 3-4 years ago. The same but yellow/gold coloured. The problem I have now is the tuning. I've tried many times to tune it for hours, but no results. Do u suggest anything. I got just 10 years of experience with guitar. (Bought for abot $500)
    mutley365
    Try buying some new springs, they do wear out, so that may do the trick. Should be able to get them cheap enough off eBay.
    early.bird
    I play a tiger axl pro 6-stringed bass guitar, and I have been using it for ten years,now. Have a little faith. TAPs are very reliable once you know how to use them. Earlybird1.