Tiger Pro Review

manufacturer: AXL date: 06/01/2004 category: Electric Guitars

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

AXL: Tiger Pro
Double cutaway, 2 humbuckers, tone and volume control, 3-way selector switch, locking trem, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, quilted top.
 8.1
 9.2
 2,952
review (1) 4 comments vote for this gear:
Tiger Pro Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 01, 2004

Purchased from: n/a

Features: - 24 jumbo frets - Sharktooth style inlays - 2 humbucking pickups with 3 controls - pickup selection (3 choices), tone and volume // 10

Sound: I play mostly classic rock, and metal on guitar, and along with my Marshall MG100DFX the guitar has a great sound. I have played many guitars of different values and i have to say this could give my Epi LP a challenge! The overdrive sound (even on a smaller, practice amp) is really good. Harmonics are also a breeze. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The setup when I bought the guitar was excellent, the shop had set everything up perfectly in my opinion. The strings were a good distance off the fret board and everything else was immaculately in place as it should be. Pickups were reaosnably well setup, but were a bit slack. // 8

Reliability & Durability: The only flaw I could put across about the guitar is the strap buttons which dont seem overly secure or reliable. I would gig with this guitar without uestion ad without a backup without problems as I dont believe I'll have any major problems with it. // 8

Overall Impression: As above, I play a lot of classical rock - Rainbow, Eagles, Lynyrd Skynyrd. The guitar, I have to say, fits the style really well. It looks good, feels good and sounds good. I chose this guitar over several other guitars, and made the choice due to both price and functionality. If the guitar had a fixed neck instead of a bolt on, i'd prefer that, but I can't ask for any more for the price - especially with that whammy! // 10

More AXL reviews rating category latest review
+ Johnson 8 Bass Guitars 08/29/2014