Acrylic Warlock review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Acrylic Warlock

Purchased from: Guitarworks

The sound is a lot better. I always play it through my Peavy amp with a Boss Metal Master pedal. It gives you a really good "chug" sound when playing palm muted riffs, but the high end doesnt come through as much as I'd like. The clean sound is amazing as well, sounding almost like a Strat.

I love this guitar. Like I said, I got it hoping it would be the perfect stage guitar, but it really just is the perfect guitar. Great for rhythms, great for leads, great for looks, great for everything. A true metal heads guitar.

The first reviewer of this guitar mentioned that he had pieces fall off, like the pickup-switching knob and the screw for the strap, but I have had no problems. In fact, I've caused more damage to the other things in my room with that guitar than damage that has been done to it.

The action was decent when I got it, but it wasnt quite close enough. I decided to take a screwdriver to the tail-piece and lower it, which instantly solved my problem. It knocked it out of tune, of course, but that was no problem.

I got this guitar for christmas and it soon became my favorite. I had hopes of it being just a stage guitar, but its fine sound has led me to using it as my mainguitar. It's nice and heavy (about 15 pounds), which gives an incredible low-end sound. The string-through tail piece allows for easy tuning to whatever style you play (I usually go to drop c on this one), and the neck is thinner than expected, which allows for fluid rythms and solos.

williams25leighton
    I've had a problem trying to find a matching type of my Red Acrylic warlock lately and from what I've seen i can't really find any matches. my Warlock is from a pawn shop in my neighborhood, but doesn't look tampered with. the headstock is Widow and the first pick up is a Seymour Duncan pick up while the one closest to the bridge is a B.C. Humbucker pick up. I have 3 knobs that controls each pick up and 1 with tone and a three way toggle. The Knobs are see through and numbered. I don't know if every Warlock is differently made and unique in their own way, or mine is just a older or newer model, and it would be helpful if i was given a bit of info on how these guitars are made
    burntomato
    nope, i played one yesterday and stabbed myself real bad. you can't believe how sharp the edges are on this acrylic.
    melikemusicalot
    [quote]acrylcwrlckluvr : bc rich guitars are not ugly at all i just cant find 1 in myprice range though./quote] I've seen a B.C. rich sell as low as 200 if ur lookin for somthing cheaper might as go to walmart
    Surfnskate933
    I am selling my Acrylic Warlock for $400. It has a small ding that you cant see and has been fixed. You can email me at Surfnskate933@aol.com and do not complain about the price, try finding another one because they are hard to come by
    xGeeTaR4LiFEx
    btw.. this thing is made in korea.. it says it on the back of the headstock..
    GODSMASHERXL
    i have a GIBSON firebird and a DEAN micheal shenker flying V....i played an acrylic before i bought the dean and i said if the dean sound better i'll buy it!...guess what, i bought the dean!
    xGeeTaR4LiFEx
    i bought this guitar for $350 and it was right before they discontinued them. when i got it it played great but about 6 months later the internal wires broke somehow (mainly because theyre just about the cheapest wire you can find)and that made it unplayable through an amp. After i soldered them back together the neck pickup has never worked. this didnt bother me much bc i play mostly lead stuff so i usually only use the bridge pickup but id like to be able to use the neck. though this did turn my selector switch into somewhat of a killswitch bc if you push it all the way up to select the neck pickup no sound comes through. i wish this think had trem though...
    grimshredder
    B.C. Rich is definitely not an ugly guitar, but u know.... some people just dont like heavy metal guitars.
    E_Ric_Steel
    that first guy said that it is sturdy well i got one that is see through purple and the headstock came off twice resulting in about $200 worth of repairs the second time the headstock fell off was when i got the KKV neck and headstock now it pretty much uber
    mrs. jimmy page
    i plan on getting one of these over the summer... it sounds like its a good guitar, i just havent been able to find an acrylic one to try out in the store...
    sf1102
    Nice guitar, but the price is a little too high for me, I'll get a Virgin, since it's in my range (I'm also a beginner and isn't desperate for a high-end guitar)
    \m/metal\m/
    xGeeTaR4LiFEx wrote: I'm assuming it's made in the USA because it's fairly solid and no China or whatever stampings. btw.. this thing is made in korea.. it says it on the back of the headstock..
    i got a red one and it does not say anywhere made in anywhere? do you have any idea where it could be made?