Acrylic Warlock Review

manufacturer: B.C. Rich date: 05/10/2005 category: Electric Guitars
B.C. Rich: Acrylic Warlock
Besides being able to look right through them, the new Warlock reflect light like crazy. In other words, they're the ultimate stage guitars!
 8.1
 8.8
 7.3
 2,750
reviews (2) 19 comments vote for this gear:
Acrylic Warlock Reviewed by: metallikat845, on may 10, 2005

Purchased from: Guitarworks

Features: I got this guitar for christmas and it soon became my favorite. I had hopes of it being just a stage guitar, but its fine sound has led me to using it as my mainguitar. It's nice and heavy (about 15 pounds), which gives an incredible low-end sound. The string-through tail piece allows for easy tuning to whatever style you play (I usually go to drop c on this one), and the neck is thinner than expected, which allows for fluid rythms and solos. // 8

Sound: The sound is a lot better. I always play it through my Peavy amp with a Boss Metal Master pedal. It gives you a really good "chug" sound when playing palm muted riffs, but the high end doesnt come through as much as I'd like. The clean sound is amazing as well, sounding almost like a Strat. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was decent when I got it, but it wasnt quite close enough. I decided to take a screwdriver to the tail-piece and lower it, which instantly solved my problem. It knocked it out of tune, of course, but that was no problem. // 6

Reliability & Durability: The first reviewer of this guitar mentioned that he had pieces fall off, like the pickup-switching knob and the screw for the strap, but I have had no problems. In fact, I've caused more damage to the other things in my room with that guitar than damage that has been done to it. // 10

Overall Impression: I love this guitar. Like I said, I got it hoping it would be the perfect stage guitar, but it really just is the perfect guitar. Great for rhythms, great for leads, great for looks, great for everything. A true metal heads guitar. // 10

Acrylic Warlock Reviewed by: aaroncarpenter, on may 09, 2005

Purchased from: eBay

Features: I'm assuming it's made in the USA because it's fairly solid and no China or whatever stampings. The neck is a thin ash or maple. The body is awesome, completley transparent with a nice red tint. // 8

Sound: This guitar is very easy to customized the sound for anystyle of play and has a nice low tone for a bass'ey clean sound or a heavey distorted sound. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Well, a couplt little things kinda came loose and broke off as soon as I got it but I did get it used and the seller probably just stuck it back on loosley. The Pickup selector broke in two when I touched it and the shoulder strap screw closest to the neck fell out under its own weight out of its frame. It didn't even look like the right screw, but the body is very heavey and sturdy. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This thing is so heavey you could defend your self with it (and its pointy). It weighs in around 16 pounds and it is rather heavy on one side which is nice so the neck doesnt lower to the point of no return during a solo. // 10

Overall Impression: I am happy with my purchase and its looks are very cool even if its not the best one out there. I reccomend it for beginners or people who want attention. // 10

Comments