ASM Standard review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: ASM Standard

Purchased from: beatstreet music

It should suit most peoples styles, great cleans, especially with the coil tap, and crunchy distortion great for metal. Its decent for classic rock type stuff. I use it to play stuff like Ozzy Osbourne and its awesome. Very versatile though. It can get a little noisy like all passive pickups on very high distortion or through a distortion pedal. The Floyd Rose (Not sure if its original or liscenced) is really good and can pull off some crazy sounds while staying in tune pretty well.

Great match for hard rock music, decent for others. I've been playing a year and this is my second guitar, I play it through a Peavey Vypyr which is also quite versatile so I can get a lot of sound variations. I would probably get another if it broke. I like how it looks really good and kind of has "high end" pickups. Some professionals use them, which is not the same story as the other boring stock pickups in other guitars at this price. I compared it to some Ibanez RG's and Jackson JS's, but this one looked a little better, had a floyd rose, and was cheaper because of a sale. I kind of wish the fret inlays were different, but I'm not sure what they would be.

It seems durable enough for gigging and should last a while. The strap buttons are bigger than usual, I think, so getting the strap on is a project. But at least it stays on. It's fairly heavy (about 10 lbs). But not too bad. The finish looks like it will stay on for a while.

It was set up pretty well, but I switched the strings for some heavier ones and adjusting it took a long time. Even though the UPS guy dropped the box while delivering it to us, there were absolutely no flaws at all in the guitar. Unfortunately it is very easy to scratch the finish so make sure your hands aren't sweaty when using a screwdriver or allen wrench on it. But still great for being made in China.

Made in China 2010. 24 jumbo frets and rosewood fingerboard, maple neck. Body is mahogany with quilted maple top. Bridge is a Floyd Rose special; Passive Rockfield Mafia Humbuckers; Volume control, Tone control w/ coil tap (makes humbuckers act like single coils) and 3-way pickup selector; Came with allen wrenches and a cable

threshold91
    Well I've been thinking to buy this guitar for quite some time also from beatstreet music and this guitar doesn't have licensed floyd rose, it acutally have floyd rose special wich is like floyd rose original made by same company, the diference floyd rose special is being made in korea unlike floyd rose original wich is being made in germany, it isn't quite good as floyd rose original but it's better than most floyd rose licensed tremolos