Avenge SOB review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Avenge SOB

Purchased from: musicians friend

this guitar fits my music style perfectly. I play metal and I love this guitar. I use a 120 w beghringer v-amp with compresser and delay as default effects and I love how it sounds. It's never buzzed or anything even with stock pickups on it. Definitly need lots of effects though

I play metal and if you need a guitar quick that can be reliable definitaly purchase this guitar. I'v been playing since I was 8 and I'm now 16 so 8 years. everything I own of guitars I payed for. I own a Behringer V amp and a line-6 POD Live. when I play Live I use my friends Marshall half stack. If it were stolen I would be upset but I would not buy it again because I put a lot of money and work into it and wouldn't be the same. I chose this guitar because I needed a new one because my other one got trashed. I didn't put much thought into buying but I'm glad I bought it.

this guitar withstands liveplaying very well never ever goes out of tune. Never replaced anything but the strings. (not because they broke just needed new ones.) It is a very dependable guitar wouldn't trade it for the world. I have a backup Schecter omen, but it's mostly just for other tunings quick.

I never adjusted the action it was perfect. Pickup(stock) was way to low needed to higher it until dimebuckers came. Top and bridge were fine nothin wrong with them. Although the red lining around the headstock was of a was gonna have it done in a transparent red any way so watch out for that. No other flaws what'soever except make sure your volume knob bolt is twisted on all the way.

My guitar was made in china in 2007 "ugh" It has 24 frets with a red beast inlay on a mahogany neck with a solid top mahogany body. It has a gloss finish. The body is a cutaway/thinline. with a tuneomatic bridge. It has active electronics. It only has 1 volume knob added to seperate for dimebucker pickups I added later. Stock pickups were 1 bc rich humbucker. It had nonlocking bc rich tuners

Billy Bullshot
    Shredder Guitar wrote: this thing looks pretty alright... but honestly, if you want a badass BC Rich guitar, go for the WMD Warbeast or a high end Mockingbird
    Because obviously we're all made of money.
    filthylittleboy
    acdclivewire wrote: Don't buy it if you plan on sweep picking... Have you tried sweeping on the treble pickup? If you haven't, don't bother. If you just play rhythm, go ahead and buy it.
    alexi laiho only has a bridge pickup....
    Korzack
    All reviews are subjective, and especially so in the case of public contributed ones like these. If they liked it, awesome, but that doesn't mean everyone and their dog will love it. It just means if it has similar characteristics and sounds that you'd be interested in, it might be worth giving it a look, but its' hardly royal Decree.
    Thrash_fire666
    This guitar is awsome i just bought it and i just bought the mockingbird, best damn investment i ever made.
    filthylittleboy
    ROFL a guitar that everyone actually says is decent that only cost 220! i'd effing buy it just for the sake of having it.... you guys all suck
    emo-rock-13
    i've got the perfect solution, get a ibanez RG270DX much cheaper and much better in my opion coz i've ownd both and the ibanez has a floyd rose
    stephen_rettie
    i can sweep on the bridge pickup, sounds fine, admittadly harder then with the neck pickup but if your clean enough its no big deal.
    Thrash_fire666
    The SOB i bout keeps falling out. Any suggestions, should i take it back? or is this common among BC's? cuz this is the firt B.C rich i ever owned.
    tristan_deity
    I love the shape of bich's but this little thing even at its cheep price is a total wast of money. shitty wood, shitty pickup and shitty string action. but thats just my opinion...
    ongbakkneedrop
    people should just save up and buy an expensive good guitar stead of getting the cheapest guitar possible....b.c rich suck...save up and by and LTD...a good one if yeah want a metal guitar, they come inextremely cheesy shapes too for all you metal noobies
    Siege of Power
    I have this actually im still a noob, and it was my very first guitar and its met my needs very well for its purpose as a starter guitar
    retka
    Alright guitar I suppose. I believe these are those BDSM pickups that are actually made from Rockfield. However, this guitar lacks a tone knob from what I can tell. If you can get ahold of something like an Evil Edge Mockingbird SE, then you will get a better deal. Mine has two of these BDSM pickups (which sound amazing for stock pickups), tone control, pickup selector, two volume knobs, good setup, and wicked looks. They are discontinued but are still easily found at small used guitar stores nationwide. Have to say though....about 3/4 of the BC Rich guitars that run in the 200-500 price range are of good enough quality that the guitar will last you through your first years of playing.
    Metal maniac101
    I bought the Beast N.J. series(used, only $275) I also tried the SOB, but the Dual Humbuckers sounded much better. They are making me think of putting a pair on my Bullet Strat.