Avenge SOB review by B.C. Rich

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
B.C. Rich: Avenge SOB

Purchased from: Google Shop

- Made in China - 24 Jumbo 12" neck - Beveled Top - Neck Wood: Maple Body Wood: Nato - Finish: Black with Red Bindings - Body Style: Other - Bridge Style: Tune-O-Matic - Pick-Up: B.C. Rich B.S.D.M. - Tuner: B.C. Rich Die Cast - Inlays: Red Bat Wing (I think it looks like a full bat) - Control: 1 volume knob - Neck Construction: Bolt-On - Nut Width-43mm

I mainly play Metal Music. This suits my style of playing better than any other guitar. I have it plugged into a 30 watt Crate amp with built in distortion. Using a stock pick-up the sound is above average, but not perfect. The noise level is quite loud unless I turn it off of distortion or turn the volume level down on the guitar. It has a bright tone but it could be much better. The Lows are fantastic, and the same can be said about the highs. I don't play with much Mid. Setting but it does add a nice tone to it. Harmonics Artificial/Natural are a breeze with this. Although not perfect it is good for it's price.

I've had this guitar for over a year. I don't have a case (All the ones I've looked at won't fit the body style.), so painful to her and I, I've slammed her on multiple items. In the year of abuse I've put this instrument through she has only a couple of dings and none of the hardware has been affected. I would play with this guitar live and I'm sure it will withstand live shows for years. I would take this to a gig without a back up. How ever it would be nice to have multiple guitars due to songs with different tunings. The finish is pretty smooth. The clear coat scratches fairly easily so you will see some pick marks. However the actual paint doesn't come off that easy.

This guitar is a perfect match with the style that I play. I've been playing for two years and this was my first guitar. While she's not perfect I do love her like a child. If she was stolen, lost, or (I hate to even think of it) destroyed, I would probably save up for another guitar altogether. I love the tone that I can get using distortion. I don't as much love the excessive pick up noise, or just the oversensitivity of it in general. I would like to see this model with maybe some EMGs, with a 3 way switch. That would brighten up the tone so much more. Especially if they added an Ebony finger board. (Hint Hint B.C. Rich).